Sweetwater

A conversation with my rep and another sales rep actually. Take it with a grain of salt because its all due to when NDSP actually ships the units to SW. A bit over two weeks ago, I was told likely before the end of June, two weeks later that moved back to probably around mid July (I ordered early March) due to the shipments drifting a little further apart and less units being received etc. If NDSP was pushing 1000 (2 shipments of 500) a month) they would get here sooner but apparently the last shipment was 200 units and that coupled with the enormous pre-order sales = a bit of a wait unfortunately. Again, take that with a grain of salt as I donā€™t work for neither SW or NDSP and really can only go on NDSPā€™s communications which is kind of far and few between. There might be a delay if NDSP decides to replace the power supplies etc., plus there is a holiday coming up that will likely delay things a bit as well. My gut tells me I will see it around mid-July or a bit after but my gut has been wrong before :slight_smile: Good luck!

Iā€™ll add, in my conversations with SW, they indicated ā€˜we are having an unprecedented amount of sales that still continuesā€™. I take that as a good sign for the product and a bad sign that I will actually see it before August but really, who knows. SW wonā€™t tell you the amount of orders nor can or will they tell you what number you are in line etc., but they will look at your invoice number and give you a guess. My assumption is they will tell you what they believe and add a few weeks because the last thing SW wants is to get caught in the middle promising dates only to miss due to lack of product.

I ordered way late (May 11th). My sales rep told me last week that Iā€™m probably 2-3 months out. He said theyā€™re only given what NDSP decides to ship (which isnā€™t a set number), so itā€™s impossible for them to know exactly when our orders will arrive. In the blog post on NDSPā€™s site, it says theyā€™ve shipped out 5000 units total worldwide so far. I am surprised they havenā€™t ramped up production yet.

I wonder if this is a Production issue or if they just canā€™t get components.
The Supply Chain issues globally are out of hand especially semi conductors and Microchips.

Guys, I have been keeping track with info as much as possible. The source I have been using is the NDSP QC Discord channel. Doug from NDSP has said they ship 200+ Every 2 weeks to SW since they started shipping. Only missed a shipment by 2 days last month. Also was delayed by our holiday weekend arriving @ SW. Now the next one should be hitting the SW today or any day now. A shipment takes 10 days to reach SW at minimum from NDSP. I asked Doug about chip supply. He said they are doing ok and expecting to continue shipping to fill the orders. Not expected to run out. But short supply of shipping containers & chip costs raised the price as you all know. He often replies that they are shipping to the retailers as per the agreement. They have not slowed down. So let me just say my tracking through people that posted they have received their units from SW. the last shipment of 200+ only moved the fulfillment of orders at SW by 10 days. From Jan. 29th to Feb. 8th. So my best guess is August or September for mine which I ordered March 17th.
Thatā€™s if orders between Feb. 8th & my order date didnā€™t increase over a daily average of 20.

1 Like

Thanks for doing the mathā€¦ my order is close enough to yours that Iā€™ll just go with what you sayā€¦ at this point i canā€™t keep checking the discord ,instagram ,twitter and this forum daily ā€¦ its bad for my health. :smile:

I mainly just keep up with the Discord. Some good conversations about setup etc in there also. I just check the others after I see the 1st person on Discord reporting they got a shipment notice or received their unit. Then I check here and the gear page.

So I just snagged an open box demo unit off Sweetwater thatā€™s arriving next week. My original order wasnā€™t going to ship until Sept/Oct time frame, so I couldnā€™t resist. If youā€™re impatient like me and your order is a ways out, definitely check the site religiously, I checked it like 5 times today and the listing wasnā€™t up until this evening. I know SW has a very thorough inspection process and nice warranty for used gear, so Iā€™m not too concerned about that. Does suck that I paid $80 more for this unit than my new unit though, since they raised the price.

Well, I can report that Iā€™m still waiting. A different sales rep than my current one called me a couple weeks ago to say that Iā€™m more or less guaranteed on the next shipment (2/15 order). So I guess that means they still havenā€™t received the shipment!

Was hoping to have it for this weekend, having Monday off would be a great time to tinker, but hopefully itā€™ll be sometime next week at the latest!

Just got my shipping notification this morning! Expected delivery is Wednesday! Seems like an eternity lol

1 Like

Congrats, I am likely two shipments away (ordered early March) so getting close!

Just to help folks calculate, I ordered mine 3/9/21 and just got my shipping notification.

Godspeed!

Same here, you beat me to it. Ordered 3/9 and shipped today! Thanks!

Youā€™re going to love it! Iā€™ve been playing extensively with mine, and thereā€™s a little learning curve just to get familiar with things, but Iā€™m blown away by the sound.

Iā€™ve never used an Axe-FX or Kemper, so I canā€™t compare, but the thing that I noticed instantly is the high end sizzle/sparkle and punch, that Iā€™ve never even experienced on the NDSP plug-ins. Not to mention the flexibility is one of the biggest plusses for me.

1 Like

Ordered 3/3 and just received my shipping notice this am.

1 Like

Looking forward to it! Especially now that 1.1 dropped this morning!

Fkn right!!! This is the future!

Hell yes!!! Gonna love it!!

Wow I must have just missed the cut as I ordered on 3/16.
I hope that means next batch .

1 Like

Evidently SW received a larger order than normal on the last batch so hopefully you are covered very soon!

2 Likes