Quad Cortex shipping delay?

A mature product undergoing an incremental release I would expect to stick pretty close to published timelines.
A brand new product release having delays is dare I say expected. This is not routine, and literally a million things - from cosmetic to critical - could go wrong.

I agree with many that communication is key during these delays (and needed here), but I think that maybe we need to have realistic expectations about the actual rollout. I am thinking Christmas best case, and more realistically by mid/end January 2021. Again, I think that communication should be frequent and informative from this point out.

2 Likes

Sweetwater has a new blurb regarding the shipping timeframe… read it here.

3 Likes

Ryan Fluff just posted his QC on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIg3m_vLkzo/?igshid=1ql3tvye269wb

1 Like

So you think that the delays are related to a blurry screen? :wink:

1 Like

More players are showing their units on IG

According to Rebea they have been out for 2 months for beta testing and now they have been told they can start posting.
I think this can only mean the tier 1 preorders are just about to be shipped

5 Likes

I got mine coming from SW so I’m guessing I’ll hopefully see it sometime in January.
Either way I’m super excited for it!!!

Well … my estimate of 12/8 has passed us by, but I’m still hopeful that I’ll get my Tier 1 email in the very near future.
Then I hope the delivery from Europe is quicker than getting some CDs. They took 6 months to get delivered due to Custom backlog.

2 Likes

My concern is that short delay was communicated almost one month ago and then complete silence.

They’ve stated that they have assembled the preorder units, so good news is we are not facing mechanical design/assembly problems which could create huge delays…

2 Likes

Hey @Pre It’s actually 2 weeks since the last update. I agree that the communication can be more clear. I can only assume that if Ndsp software team is working in an agile way (one of the most popular ways), they would probably have iterations (sprints) that they spend on software development, testing and deployment. Default and most common size of the sprint is 2 weeks, so I personally expect update from Ndsp this weekend or so.

2 Likes

Maybe I am just too eager… QC is the only thing I want for christmas… world peace came a close second.

2 Likes

@Pre unfortunately you spoke to soon, apparently there were electrical component issues and repairing the units was one of the reasons for the delays.

So, new update but still no clear date and, while I was not really expecting one, I was hopping for something like “shipping before the end of 2020” or something like that…

1 Like

Doug indicated that the component issue resulted in a two-week schedule impact so not nearly as bad as some may have feared.

On the plus side, USB audio is now in testing and is class compliant.

2 Likes

Am I reading Doug’s response correctly? Due date was estimated as 11/27. So a two week delay is 12/14 would be the new due date. Or is the count starting later? ooooeee Count down starts …5 …4…

1 Like

I sure hope that is the case. But I think it would be safe to assume maybe the end of next week.

That probably doesn’t include any software-related delays.

I don’t really thing that’s the case at all.
By Dez 14 they should be at the same point they were at Nov 11 but since by this date they were not yet shipping stuff, I don’t really think Dez 14 will be a “deadline”

Hope I am very wrong

So we got a pretty detailed development update but still nothing more specific about possible delivery date. Is it going to be before xmas?

Oh well, back to looking out the window at the rain. Dreaming…pushing ‘update’ on the email system every 5 minutes …ho hum…

1 Like

<Magic 8-Ball> Signs point to No </Magic 8-Ball>

3 Likes

Update says they are working with connectivity/wifi and before that is rock solid I think they cannot ship. If there are probs with connectivity then potentially some ppl will have problems with updating the unit and they will have to recall units which is slow and expensive…

1 Like