Quad Cortex shipping delay?

Yeah I think that would be a really good idea tbh! If they did a weekly thing, where they put up information regarding the QC every monday or something.
Or that they answered the most asked questions the week before, like on each monday they would answer the “biggest” questions from the week before, would feel more serious and open if they did that. And that way they would open up the community more also.

You all obviously don’t play Star Citizen, “SOON*tm”.

2 Likes

I received an email (from Thomann), ETA Jan 8th

There is only one reason not to comunicate the final shipping date: NDSP themselves don’t know for sure. Apparently there are still some issues with the sw (something about gap switching between presets, presets loading time, usb and clouds things as NDSP told us in their last “NEWS” update).
Probably they’re searching to ship tier 1 and 2 before Christmas (considering that since yesterday the distributors have indicated January 8 as a new date), but who knows?
It depends on whether they will be able to solve the current bugs, otherwise even for the first 2 tiers the delivery will be moved to January.

1 Like

I think you are right.
But why not ship the devices and fix this issues (assumed these are only minor issues) via FW update in near future? For me it would be no problem, I could live with that if NSDP would communicate the proper way.
And maybe give the pre-orders a goodie (discount on plugins, more presets, whatever)?
For me the delay is not the main problem, but they way NSDP is (not) communicating.

A serious company can’t ship a product knowing there’re some issues.
Even more so if they think they can fix it quickly enough, there is no reason to ship “defective” units. They think it’s best to fix the sw and then ship the unit without bugs.
But I understand that don’t know “WHEN” it’s a little bit frustrating (that’s because the GAS devours us)
:rofl:

Yes in terms of quality and reputation it would be a bad decision. Guess I just became impatient haha
But we can agree about the “WHEN” question.

1 Like

I got this mail from a Swedish distributer:

"Vi har fått mail från Nural dsp och de kommer att komma i mellan mitten på december – början på januari. De jobbar stenhårt på att få ut enheter men de e sånt tryck på den att de inte hinner med.

Fördelen vi har är att företaget ligger i Finland så vi får först."

Translation:

"We have received emails from Nural dsp and they will arrive between mid-December - early January. They work hard to get units out, but it’s so much pressure on the device that they can’t keep up.

The advantage we have is that the company is located in Finland so we get first."

5-7 weeks with Thomann… again …

What the…?

The first delivery may be sold out, but of course I don’t know.

I see Sweetwater has the following on their Neural Quad page.

"The new NeuralDSP Quad Cortex Floorboard will be shipping to customers starting early December. "

I’m presuming early December is a date before the 15th. As Tier I & II will get their orders before the retailers and if Sweetwater expect to actually ship the Quad to customers, they will have to receive their orders before the 15th of December, QED they need to be shipped by Neural at least 5 days beforehand.
So … will Tier I & II get invoiced before, or around the 10th? So do we start to count down the next 8 days? Or expect delay update III? I hope it’s the former, I’m wearing out the email update key.

I don’t think their page is up to date, they just launched a QC giveaway that ends Jan 8

Totally agree, but if it ends on the 8th, you’d expect to get your prize straight away. Not much point have a draw for a great prize, big musical news blowout, all the publicity … and then nothing. Wait two or three weeks for your reward.
Strike while the irons hot, here’s the winner … and the release to Tier I. (ticker tape falls, balloons fly up, trumpets blast etc…) …

Neural’s contest ended november 30th…

for a free QuadCortex, my patience level would increase to 100 right away.

I totally agree that communication is lacking a bit on Neural’s side but I can also understand why that is.
On a company like NDSP the tech team is the basis of everything so if they are ultra focused on finishing the product for shipping they probably are not able to spend time on planing and sending timeline feedbacks for the communication team to make announcements.
Also, as many have said, they probably have no plan now and just want to put the product out ASAP. While we are very understanding here at the moment, I can only imagine how many people would ask for the preorder back if they would come out and say “guys, we have no clue when we can put units on the streets” it would probably be economically very damaging for Neural

Everyone knows how to run a software company :roll_eyes:

RELAX.

2 Likes

I know I don’t because I’ve tried. :hot_face:

4 Likes

Called my Sweetwater Rep. and got a big 'ol “SOON HOPEFULLY”.

btw first post ever, yay me.

5 Likes

there’s an old saying: “under promise and over deliver”… I believe there’s no question the product they finally deliver will be fantastic… but last spring they may have been just a little optimistic about when this product will get into our hands… as long as they are putting their total efforts into the fantastic product and making sure we’ll all be really happy with it I can forgive them for not being the greatest communicators every single day or week.

I contacted Andertons UK about my pre order as it now states the end of December. This, they explained, just means it could be anytime in December unless delayed again.

Whilst the family prepare for Christmas I spend my days pining for the Quad Cortex or at least looking at videos I already seen and comments I’ve already read. The Q button on my keyboard is starting to wear…help.

1 Like