Volume mutes after changing preset

If you rely on the QC for work, then it would make sense to perform a backup before any software upgrade and then restore from your backup if there is an issue like this. The QC offers this solution for exactly this sort of situation.

Either that, or hold off on upgrading the QC software for a few weeks after release to make sure others that can more easily deal with a software glitch have upgraded and you don’t hear of any issues. This is basic good practice for anything software related.

As noted before, this is a known bug and a hot-fix will be made available soon but as of current, there is no actual date of when that will be available.

Off course I didn’t backup but that does not fix it. !!!

While the hot-fix is coming, everyone could reach out to support to see if they have any options to rollback to the previous firmware version. Just a suggestion …

It’s a tough way to learn that lesson, but I dare say it’s one each and every one of has learned the same way at some time or another. Not much comfort now, I know. Glad to hear you have some backup equipment to cover you until 2.2.1 hits with a fix.

dear NDSP, you have to better test the official releases before releasing them. Cortex Control is a beta and we are aware that by installing it we are contributing to its development so we may encounter issues, but CorOS 2.2.0 is an official release, a few minor bugs are acceptable, not severe ones. We spent a lot of money on a device that must first and foremost be reliable, instead every new update is becoming a nightmare and we just have to keep our fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Restoring from a backup does not roll the firmware back… And there is no official way of going back to a previous firmware version. So in this case a backup would not help in any way.

It’s possible that NDSP Support could provide a rollback, I believe I’ve heard of such a case in the past but I’m not positive. Definitely worth inquiring if there’s a dire need

3 Likes

As many users on the forum may already be aware of, there appears to be a problem with the 2.2.0 firmware’s interaction with the EXP 1 input jack’s auto-sensing. If you try to assign the ‘Bypass’ parameter while EXP 1 has anything plugged in, it causes a crash and reboot.

I wonder if this is also what is impacting this bug regarding the preset not reflecting the volume level it was saved at after multiple preset switches.

I don’t have a two output/cable expression pedal to test with but for those who do, I am wondering if reversing the cables on the EXP pedal so that it uses EXP 2 for the throw of the pedal, and EXP 1 (or the reverse) for bypass as well as reversing the EXP throw/bypass assignment for the preset might help. Has anyone tested this?

One of the current workarounds for the crash/reboot issue if you are using a single cable expression pedal, is to plug it into EXP 2 instead of EXP 1. Make sure to recalibrate and save on the I/O page. Does this also help with the volume at zero on preset change issue?

I know this issue is a PITA, just hoping we can find a way around it until the hotfix arrives, especially for players who are gigging with the QC and need relief immediately.

Link to workaround for the crash and reboot issue:

1 Like

New user here, I was asking myself : wtf is happening?

Ok so it’s a bug, but it’s been now two weeks since the problem has been detected and transmitted to NDSP…

I have 5 gigs a week coming for the next 2 months, and as someone said higher, if I spend 1700€ in a machine, I expect to rely on it in a professional context!

Please, can the team provide a answer with a dead line???

3 Likes

Same problem. I’ll open a ticket and see. I wish we could just roll back the firmware. I have loved the device so far and have used for several gigs, but this is unacceptable. It makes the thing unusable as anything other than a pricey bedroom/studio toy. What an oversight, ugh!! I was hoping to just jam a noodle with some new ideas tonight and instead I’m stressing over what should be a non issue.

2 Likes

Same issue with the volume on the output (the output at the end of the row).
I assigned exp2 to that volume and it sets itself back to zero (minus infinity) at scene change.

So not just gain & volume blocks…

1 Like

I had 2 gigs with this bug. It’s no problem for me to move the expression pedal briefly after changing presets. Then everything is fine again, problem solved.

It would still be good if the fix came a little quicker, because it’s definitely annoying. But you don’t have to make a drama out of it, because that doesn’t make the QC unusable. :wink:

1 Like

For the price we pay for this thing, it’s not cool. I’m not gonna argue what constitutes functionality with you, and I doubt you have programmed scene changes via midi sync’d to Ableton in your set. Although I could be wrong, but thanks for the condescension anyway.

The response I had was a hot fix is currently in testing and will be released ASAP. Well see.

2 Likes

Please, can we have an answer from the team, this is very problematic on stage.
Thank you

Problem solved!
I sent a message to Neural DSP team a faw days ago, and they replied very quickly (in a few minutes), saying the last update resolved the problem.
I tried and it worked for me.
Update is 2.2.2
So we can say they are quite reactive
:wave:

2 Likes

Yes they are. I own almost all of the major modelers and the QC is the best by far!!!

2 Likes

Seems like it took almost a month to squash the bug that was introduced with the release of the CoCo beta, but to their credit it did get squashed. Must have been a tricky one for a hotfix to take that long and need a second amendment.

What might be nice is if there could be an official post or thread or page somewhere to acknowledge bugs or glitches that are known and being worked on, that might save a LOT of trouble and complaints out in the real world.
I know it’s not likely but it’s pretty much the last area of communication left for improvement. They’ve been doing well in other respects lately, I’d say

1 Like

Thanks you for the update ! It rendered my QC unusable on stage for the meantime… but glad that it’s fixed. I’m not gonna jump on future updates that fast anymore ‘till the coast is cleared by some stormtroopers :slight_smile:

That said I love the QC , best modeller ‘till this date. I owened the headrush prime, fractal stuff (fm9 and axe fx), own a kemper, Tone master Pro… but the QC still wins and is my go to live rig.