Volume mutes after changing preset

I can change presets a few times, then I’ll change a preset and the volume is muted.
I see that this is caused by the volume block. If I move my expression pedal, the volume comes back.
When I turn off the block, the sound comes back, when I turn it back on it mutes.
I have tried going back to using the gain block for a volume pedal, but it
happens with that block too.
This all happened after the 2.20 update.
Anyone else have this problem?

3 Likes

Have you checked the Mute/Bypass setting of the block? Sounds like it is muting instead of bypassing. It’s in the block’s 3 dot menu, near the XP assignment option.
If it’s not that, sounds like it may be a bug to report

1 Like

After updating to 2.20 every preset I have with a volume block, that’s being controlled by an expression pedal, has no sound until I rock the expression back and forth. The presets were saved with the volume up on the expression.

are you reporting the issue as a bug to Support?
I can’t duplicate the problem.

Have you tried deleting the block and adding it back?

I am having the same issue after updating (no sound until expression pedal assigned to volume is moved when changing presets). This did not occur prior to updating.

Deleting and re-adding the volume block did not seem to fix the issue.

Im having the same problem. Freaked me out as i have rehearsal tomorrow and my presets are muted lol

I have contacted support about it.
What seems to be happening is that sometimes when you change a preset,
the level control in the volume block resets itself to 0.
If you move your pedal slightly it will jump to where it should be.
I also tried going back to using the gain block, but the same thing happens.
This only seems to happen with presets containing a volume or gain block

Just weighing in that I am also having this issue with Volume blocks. I can consistently recreate this issue by changing presets twice: As in, the first time I change a preset, the Volume block is still behaving as expected, but the next time after that, the Volume block’s expression pedal value goes to OFF. I’m seeing this behavior using both the Preset up/down buttons on the QC as well as swapping using the stomp pedals when in Preset mode. It does not appear to matter if the Volume block is used prior to swapping to the preset that uses one.

I can recreate this issue by swapping from one empty preset, and moving the expression pedal → swap to another empty preset (don’t move expression pedal) → swap to preset using Volume block (which sets to OFF instead of current value of expression pedal).

I didn’t see a Bug/Support ticket for this but feel free to link these steps to re-create there if one comes up.

Yes. I’ve contacted support. They said they are aware of the problem and are working on a hot fix.

1 Like

Same issue here, this is not usable on stage now! I hope there will be a quick fix on this matter!

Did they mention any estimation?

No, nothing yet.

They did not unfortunately.

I noticed this also last night. Expression pedal went to 0 for some reason. I’m reporting as a bug to NDSP.

I can confirm I am also experiencing this after 2.2.0 update.

Have opened a bug report via the control app, and have not heard from support yet.

Also noticed that even after removing the gain/volume block, expression pedal affects volume.

1 Like

The same here! Need a fix!

D

Same thing happened to me with the volume block after updating

I’m having exactly the same issue - bug defo needs fixing quick as I use presets and need to confidently switch song to song.

1 Like

Having the same issue, hope it gets a quick fix. I have a show Saturday and switch presets for each song

1 Like

I think this it’s outrageous that there isn’t a hotfix for this yet. Known issue since day one and crippling many giggin’ musician. Only that should be enough for a quicker update.

I am glad I could fall back on my good old Kemper and also bought the Fender Tone Master Pro. Quad Cortex will stay in the case till there is a fix!

3 Likes