Volume cuts out when changing preset

CorOS Version: 2.20

Sometimes when I change my presets, the volume is muted until I move my expression (volume) pedal: I tried unplugging the expression pedal and the same thing happens. I have to plug it back in to get any sound. I have done a factory reset and reloaded one of my back ups and this still happens. I t hasn’t happened on any factory preset yet, but I don’t use any of those. The presets I made I have been using on gigs for over a year with no problem.

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Step 1 Change preset 2 or 3 times
  2. Step 2 Volume is muted
  3. Step 3 I have to move my expression (volume) pedal and the sound returns.

I expected this to happen:
When I do x, I expect y to happen I expect to have sound when changing presets.

I have tried the following things:

• I have tried x reboot
  • I have tried y factory reset
  • I have tried z reload backup
1 Like

Have you tried deleting the volume block, saving the preset, and then re-adding the volume block with EXP assignment, and saving the preset again?

There appears to be a known bug with the volume block as several users have reported this. Just wondering if there is a workaround until a hotfix comes out.

Yes, I have tried that and it makes no difference.

1 Like

Neural is aware of this bug. I’ve already emailed support and they said they’re working on a hot fix.

1 Like

The volume block keeps cutting even if I switch blocks (unrelated to the volume) on and off sometimes. Also if I use the undo/redo function after changing a parameter on a block the volume cuts and I have to reset the expression pedal. This fucking sucks

I’ve just found a similar issue. I have the toe switch on my mission pedal set to turn wah on and volume off, then wah off and volume on. so my pedal swaps between being a wah and a volume . I have this on every preset I use. Now when when I swap preset , both the wah and volume block are off until I press the toe switch. Is there a new setting I can’t find that will stop this? Thanks

no new setting, it’s just probably the bug from the latest update. If resetting the assignment of inverting the Bypass for the 2 blocks doesn’t work, then it’s probably going to be an issue till the hotfix drops

I’ve just done a quick search to see if I can roll back to the previous software. I’m guessing I can’t. This renders every preset I use unusable for now, and with gigs imminent, that’s slightly annoying…

that’s right, the OS won’t be rolled back even if you load an older backup.
Hopefully a hotfix will come very soon.

Do you have physical pedals you can use in an emergency?

I can find a away around it… Thanks. I’ve never really been affected by the glitches other people have found before, so I didn’t fully appreciate how frustrating it can be. But on the other hand, I can barely comprehend the level of programming required to make the QC do what the QC can do so I shall try and keep calm and still be amazed at how much I love owning it. :grinning:

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. When shifting between presets no volume until I move my Mission expression pedal. Weird thing is that it doesnt happen every time. Only started happening after latest update.

It worked perfectly for me till till the latest update. Other think I’ve noticed, it doesn’t seem to want to let me assign expression 2 as a bypass using the touch screen. It just kicks me out of the menu… I’m hoping they issue a bug fix soon…

I’m having the same issue, hope they fix it soon

Might be worth trying this workaround:

1 Like

I tried lots different approaches but I think I’ve got it working, I didn’t use the PC app, just used the QC screen. As the workaround says, you have to unplug your pedals when you make changes so the QC doesn’t crash, then save, then reconnect. It would appear the QC doesn’t like it if the switch on your expression pedal is in a certain “state” when you’re changing presets. I wanted the Wah off and the volume on as I went to every preset, then using the toe switch. switch on the wah whilst turning off the volume pedal. I set the Wah to off, with the invert range switch off, then set the volume pedal to on, with the invert range switch on. So pressing the toe switch does the wah / volume switch thing perfectly. as long as the wah is off and the volume is on when you change presets, the wah stays off and the volume stays on. If you leave the wah on when you change presets, the wah goes off, the volume comes on, but you then have to press the toe switch twice to get back to wah on, volume off.
If you’re just using one volume, but turning it on and off with the toe switch I’d suggest using the invert range switch and see what happens. Hope that helps somebody.

1 Like

I’ve just tried it on the editor, and that works ok. I didn’t have to unplug the cables.

It would appear, on my QC, with my mission pedal set up as it is, when you change presets:

Any block using EXP 2 to control the bypass, with the invert range switch on, is on
Any block using EXP 2 to control the bypass, with the invert range switch off, is off

If the block is off and was set be on , it can take two clicks to bring it on.

Hope that makes sense.

have you reported this to Support? Might be good for them to know your findings.

I’ve sent two reports, but havent heard anything back from either yet. I’m guessing they’ll have had a few to deal with.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s a bug and nothing is going to happen until they come out with a fix for it no matter how much we discuss it.

I have already done 2 gigs with it and it didn’t cause much of a problem.

1 Like