Powering with Temple audio Cioks Hi5

Hi

Will the cioks temple audio Hi5 work with the QC?

Will this allow any spare power for additional pedals?

Yes, this will power it. You’ll need three of the grey parallel cables to use up 4 inputs at 12v to power it. Leaving one final input free - I use this at 9v to power my Shure GLXD wireless/tuner.

Thanks, are they normally included or otherwise what’s their name so i can putchase the cables?

Thanks

No, you’ll most likely need to source them yourself - I know I needed to. What you’re after is three of these. Two to fill four inputs, and a final third to link those two cables to a singular cable. Which will look a little like mine below!

Hi folks, I’m new to this forum and am looking forward to receiving my new Quad Cortex! Sorry if this has been asked, but I see that the QC requires a 3A power supply. The Cioks outputs 500mA per channel @ 12V. Connecting 4 channels would then give you 2A max output level, right? Please correct me if I’m wrong here. I am mulling over buying a Cioks. Thanks!

Does it happen to you when you use the lateral jack device from temple audio that you hear some hum or noise and then you touch your cable and the noise goes as if the temple audio device was not grounded?
I am not sure I am explaining properly but so annoying
I have tried also with neutrik fem to fem adaptor and happens the same
Obviously have tried with different jack cables …
Any clue?

I’ve not noticed any hum or ground noise, no. How odd!

do you have an issue with flex? I’ve been considering the duo 24 but I heard it flexes like crazy

No, my Solo18 is solid as a rock. However, if you’re concerned about flex issues, I know that they do also make bracing brackets to help alleviate any flex and help with rigidity. Also good for mounting external power supplies to if you dont use a Hi5.

https://www.pedalboardsuk.com/product-page/templeboards-solo-mounting-bracket

Yeah, the duo 24 (which I’m looking at) comes with one, but after seeing this video, it does not seem to help so much

Does yours flex as much?

I personally wouldn’t mind, but i feel that with a Wah where I may stand longer on it, it could be bothering

As I said, with my SOLO18, it’s solid as a rock. So I don’t believe you’ll have any issues with a DUO and a bracing bracket. I’m also not one to put my entire weight into my pedalboard and the like - make your own assessments I guess? All I can say is I’ve never had a problem with my board in the 4 years I’ve been using it, pre-QC with a bunch of stompboxes included.

1 Like

thanks, I’ll check it out I believe worst case I’ll just add a pillars under the wah and EP,
I really like their board, and the handles is a very nice plus!

I just put together a board with my QC and two Mission expression pedals on a Duo 24 last week. There’s no sag that I can see or feel. The board is very solid. I used the medium plates on the QC and pedals. I also have a Cioks DC-7 underneath. I watched the video with the sag and think that since the QC and expression pedals are bigger and longer than multiple stomp boxes they make the top stiffer. Using the Temple mounting plates may also help since they lock into the top. The pedals in the vid were cable tied on.
Hope your board works out for you.

TEMPLE AUDIO OWES YOU A SALE

(thanks)

This is the adapters you will need. They do not come with a new Cioks pwr supply. I am using one for my QC and it works great. CIOKS 8800 Flex Parallel Adapter.

Purchased the Hi5 and the mini cables and worked perfectly.
4 needed to power the quad whilst the other one to power my G50 system

1 Like

Question for the users who have a temple with RGB led strips, could you run a test for me:
Run the RGB with a power cable (cioks or other) that is actually splitting to another pedal.

I’ve seen somewhere that it worked well but TA support told me that it would work but introduce a lot of noise in the chain. before I do this I’d like to confirm.

I’m planning to use the same port I use for my wah pedal and split the power cable.

Thanks!

Hi rdavies81,

I too used a Cioks hi5 power unit and parallel splitter cables to power the QC.
It works beautifully and when combined with the Temple Audio board and me Boss EV30 pedal, very neat.
Both units attach to the board using the Temple Audio quick release brackets.
I couldn’t get the Cioks parallel splitter cables in Malaysia so I bought some RGB 2 male to 1 female splitters instead. They are branded Monster. High end audio splitters.
Everything works a treat!
John Allan

2 Likes

thats a sleek looking SOLO18 right there!

Cheers mate. Took a while for me to get it sorted, but I am happy that it is robust enough to rehearse and gig. I am a bit concerned about the cables sticking out the back.