More midi commands per scene

There are loads of midi commands that can be triggered on preset loading but only one per scene. A few more per scene would really help. Quite often you might want to change preset on an outboard pedal and turn one or two on or off so I think at least 4 commands would really help. If it could trigger midi notes as well that would be even better but I’d settle for 4 PC’s / CC’s

Thanks!!

Yep! This is essential. Anyone with the Stryfecta or a bunch of Boss 500 series pedals is currently going to be unable to select a different preset on each unit whilst also changing their amp channel via midi (if they’re doing 4-cable method for example)

I’d like 5 commands at least, judging by my board.

4 Likes

Absolutely! If it’s possible to go up to 10, that would be great.

4 Likes

The HX Stomp can handle 6 per snapshot. Seems the QC should be able to handle at least that many.

6 Likes

I’m totally into this!
My use case: I use QC in team with a Boss SY-1000 whereas the Boss can simulate various guitars (e.g. Strat, LP, etc.*).
I need to change guitars depending on the scene (e.g. strat p4 for rhythm and LP bridge for solo) and I currently can ony do program changes, which have a lag on switch and need me to save a lot of presets. With just two control changes I could easily switch guitar type and pickup position. WIth three control changes I could even switch from acoustic to electric and with four I could also change tuning or switch to 12-strings depending on the scene! This would help me a lot!

• it does a very good job at this and it is much better than any other pickup tone matcher
3 Likes

On preset load you can send up to 12, so makes sense that we should be able to have at least 12 per scene!

6 Likes

And select the channel you want to send the cc on to allow turning Strymons on or off individually…

2 Likes

Pleeeease in 1.4.1 can we have multiple cc and notes to scenes pleeease?
I was on a boss ES-8 and was switching strymons on and off etc. and changing our lighting desk presets with my pedalboard and I’m very limited with my lovely QC.
Take the 3 pages of changes on preset if you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is nearly a non-negotiable for me. I purchased the QC assuming this would be a possibility. To use it the way I want to, this needs to be a feature. Please make this happen!!

7 Likes

Still waiting for more midi on footswitches . Cant even effectively put 2 pedals in the loop really. Obviously one would want a scene to trigger presets for external pedals on different channels as well as bypass state. Preset load would mean these would need to be all the same for all scenes… this needs to change asap. This one cant be that difficult to implement.

4 Likes

I finally gave up on waiting for NDSP to build this simple/obvious feature and came up with a workaround.

I can now control up to 3 MIDI devices independently per scene/footswitch by using this MIDI Solutions Event Processor pedal:

https://midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

This pedal lets you transform incoming MIDI messages to different outgoing ones. Here’s how I set it up:

• note that the QC program changes message actually sets you send 3 messages: the Program Change itself plus a CC #0 and a CC#32 (these are intended to let you do bank changes)

• program the Event Processor to translate these as follows:

– PC on Ch1 → PC on Ch2
– CC #0 0n Ch1 → PC on Ch3
– CC #32 on Ch1 → PC on Ch4

• set up your 3 MIDI devices to respond to Ch2, Ch2, Ch4 respectively

• then in the QC, set the outgoing message to Ch1, and set the values for PC/CC#0/CC#32 to the program numbers you want to send to each device

One tip: the Event Processor gets power over the MIDI cable. Just don’t use those One Control MIDI Hammer cables. They’re missing one wire and won’t send power.

So bottom line, this works if you need a solution.

NDSP: this sucks for me having to spend $150 on a external pedal and cables, and give up space on my pedalboard for what should be a dead simple software feature. Plus I’m limited to 3 MIDI devices. Please implement this feature so I can sell the Event Processor on Reverb for a loss.

5 Likes

I just tried setting up my Nightsky and Volante to work off MIDI last night, and only realised the limitations then. I’ve not had an issue with Neural catching up with a lot of features but this is the first time I’ve genuinely been irritated by something that feels like an oversight.

2 Likes

I just figured out that my Morningstar MC8 can solve the problem. I purchased the MC8 to switch preset/scene and stomp mode as well GIG view. Add-on I can switch scenes and more. Moreover I use the MC8 to change Presets on my Eventide H90 and switch channels of my Mesa Amp. But I want to to do this via my QC. I am very dissapointed about the QC can send only one Midi command per scene. Back to the MC8. By chance I found out that the MC8 can receive Midi commands as well. You can choose the Midi channel as you like and the MC8 can receive program or CC commands itself. For example I assign a program cc at the QC and send it to the MC8 to active a preset on the MC8. This preset contains all the midi command I need, thus I can run 24 different midi commands per MC8 preset with one midi command from the QC. Checkout out and see the manual what possible.

1 Like

Are there any updates on this feature request? Will this be added in the future?

1 Like

I’m mystified that this hasn’t seen any movement in 2 years. This is basic functionality that every competing product offers and shouldn’t be hard to implement. I can’t see myself continuing with the QC without this. This is missing functionality that is inexcusable to be missing at this price point. The Tone X has this AND a desktop editor.

4 Likes

The lack of MIDI implementation is a real disappointment for me as well. I wanted to be able to leave the QC in preset mode and use my MIDI controller to turn blocks off and on but it doesn’t have that capability. This seems like such a basic feature that I assume (hope) it will be addressed soon. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I completely agree, this limitation is incomprehensible. I am still forced to twist my brain to incorporate the management of midi …

2 Likes

When one selects a scene with a selector, a MIDI command can be sent, correct. But that same command is sent when you are in stomp mode and you step on the same selector. does this make sense?

I don’t see much use for that. It’s like trying to use a MIDI pedal to control blocks or change scenes or presets. All you can do is mirror whatever the on-board switches are programed to do in a particular mode. I don’t see any use for that either. I think NDSP ran out of time and just threw together some primitive MIDI functions. I’m confident that more complete MIDI capabilities will be added later, I just hope it won’t be too much later. :thinking:

2 Likes

I totally, agree. Improved MIDI implementation should really take priority. There was a recent thread asking those who gig with the QC what their wishes would be, and improved MIDI implementation was the predominant request.