Momentary pitch shift effect using a footswitch

Fairly new QC user. I’ve seen on several forums there currently isn’t a momentary switch function built into the QC. What I’d like to do is activate a 24 semitone pitch effect momentarily by pressing and then releasing a switch. Very much like the digitech ricochet pedal. It allows for very precise pitch shifting. Would this be achievable with a momentary footswitch? Maybe using something like the boss fs7. Thanks

1 Like

Any momentary footswitch will work.
Connect it to one of the expression pedal inputs, then assign pitch to that expression pedal. There’s even an ‘invert’ setting in case your footswitch is off/on rather than on/off.

3 Likes

I did this yesterday with a Boss FS-5U yesterday and got some odd behavior. The button ramps up the pitch shift slowly and only to 50%, not the instant shift I was looking for. I never found a way around this and ended up using a typical expression pedal.

Have you ever encountered this?

You might need to play around with the settings on the expression pedal assignment screen maybe? I’ve never had that happen, but mine is literally just a switch in an enclosure, not sure whether the Boss one has more circuitry?

If you’re doing this with a simple switch, I think the Boss pedal is the issue. Thanks for the info.

1 Like