Looper with at least two loops for A and B song part

I hoped NDSP would add a looper that is able to record a loop A and loop B for verse and chorus so you can switch to and thro. I am happy they added a simple version now, unfortunately only one loop part possible, but I so much hope they will add this A/B feature. You as well? then vote for it here!

I’ll give this a vote.

I currently use my iPad plugged into the QC as an interface so I can use the looper app Quantiloop which allows 4 song parts. Also it allows rhythm from other drum apps.

I highly recommend this if you don’t want to wait for this implementation!

Sorry for the late reply (which will bump this topic of course): I used different ios loopers since their appearance like Quatiloop, Grouptheloop, also loopy pro. But I still prefer hardware solutions like my pigtronix pedal to loop A/B parts because it is way easier in live situations. I have emailed Neural DSP before the Quad Cortex was even released to learn if their looper plans include a looper which was able to loop song parts A and B. They confirmed this by the way. I am still hoping and waiting for a looper block that needs not more features, just part A and B and more timing stability. This would set the QC apart from other modelers. Vote for this feature right here, my looper friends! Thanks

1 Like

Great idea for sure.

I would definitely like this, surely it would be as easy as letting us add 2 looper blocks to the grid. I would think that they would have to sync them though.

TC Plethora allows you to put several loopers on one preset, but they are not syncd so it is useless.

I am using the QC with Loopy Pro on an iPad, pretty much unlimited channels, tried the Quantiloop but apart from a better looking interface for guitarists, it has many limitations comparing to the Loopy Pro and assigning midi, but yeah it would be great if the QC has two channel loop etc…
But to be honest I ll probably stick with Loopy since I can send it back into the QC in a different row different output etc, and since I have so many channels. I use it with Airstep but also in Hybrid mode (assigned 6 switches from the scenes in some presets)

That’s interesting. How are you doing it with the QC?

Do you have all the audio going out and back via USB?

Loopy Pro has a mixer which allows you to disable the monitor input so there won’t be duplicate sound coming back to the QC, it doesn’t create feedback it’s just amplifies the sound and you don’t want that.
So first you disable the input monitor, then there are two ways, you either just send the Loopy Pro output to the 1/2 USB channel which will come back in your mix and multi out automatically, or you select another output in for example 7/8 which I use my last row in my QC and then route it to Multi Outputs, I control the level out with an expression pedal as I use it to fade in and out on songs etc (I use midi sounds on my iPad apart from the looper part). Since there is midi to USB you can also send midi signals to Loopy Pro and control it from your QC, there are multiple ways, depends on what you need it for. I use it both ways, but the second option gives you more flexibility as you send the output to a separate output then your guitar/bass/vocals if you want, while the first it will automatically go to 1/2.

Long message, sorry for that but it’s actually easy, let me know if you need any help setting it up

1 Like

The 4th row

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have just spent a couple of hours trying to configure Quantiloop in my setup.

It kind of works, but not fully.

I have managed to get my MC8 to control quantiloop and sound in and out of quantiloop via usb on the ipad, but now i’m having problems syncing it to my beatbuddy drum machine.

Thanks for the idea.

I like the three voice looper on my TC Helicon Voicelive 3. You can set a single main loop A, and then two secondary loops B and C that can either be toggled to play with the main loop, or to be three separate loops you can swap between. It means you can have one drum tracking kind of main loop, and then a chorus and verse in B and C that you can switch between while the drum track A keeps going regardless. Or you can have three totally separate loops. And you can control how the loops are synced up if you have the A+B or A+C going. This should be a piece of cake for Neural on this beast.

But even just having the B and C loops from above would be greatly appreciated. Definitely enough buttons on the unit to cover all the important controls.

Honestly for me this and the improvements to the mini voicer (custom scales and midi channel specific multiple instances to have more voices controlled by a MIDI device) are the only things I’m really lacking before this can completely take all the functions I use from my Voicelive, and be better at it.

Update:

I got Quantiloop fully working on my ipad. It’s a great looper. 4 tracks in multiple configurations and a lot of other features.

It’s cured me of my Aeros loop station GAS.

I am a home player and I’ve been using the Quad Cortex on my desk with a foot controller on the floor, which works really well for me. QuantiLoop is basically the same as I can put the ipad on the desk to control quantiloop and use my footswitches on the floor.

It’s a great setup with the downside of taking a long time to set up on the midi controller.