Impressions so far

So I have completed 2 live shows with the QC. First of all I had my lead singer which never comments on my guitar sound tell me how much she loved it secondly I had two people in the crowd comment that I do not know on how good the guitar sounded out in the audience so those are all positive things now to me actually using the QC the placement of the foot switch to toggle between the presets on the unit are very poorly designed and quite frustrating. The switch between clean distorted tones is a little slow but not the end of the world but should be more responsive is the there a button type of thing that fits over the foot switches to make easier to hit with your foot? Thanks guys

Do you mean that switching between presets takes about half a second? If so, looking into scene mode, stomp mode or a hybrid mode could be useful.

Yes, various brands offer different options for that. Just search for „footswitch toppers“. I use some called „mushrooms" by the brand Mooer, because they are clear and thus take on the color of the LED light beneath it.

1 Like

If you don’t use an insane amount of fx or several parallel amps for each sound, you can have seamless switching using scene mode with several different amps and fx. Just build the whole rig within one preset and set it up to switch sounds woth scenes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input

The combination of footswitches required to change mode on the QC is my SINGLE biggest gripe with the unit - it is absolutely crazy that the way you do it (pressing Tuner and Preset Down) could EASILY result in you changing preset halfway through a song/solo rather than changing mode.

I have requested in feature requests a firmware update to allow you to customise the way you change modes, please vote if you agree.
My frustration with this is probably the main reason I will sell the QC if they don’t address this soon…

You know if they can allow the user to hook in their own foot switching board that would fix all of these issues. The Bradshaw foot switching system was industry standard for many years maybe they could adapt that concept to this unit. We will see I guess

I ordered them thx so much

I know it sucks to have to buy something else but I bought a disaster area midi baby pedal so I can switch between scene and stomp modes when playing live. Works awesome.

A midi controller can help with that.
https://www.morningstar.io/midi-controllers

1 Like

They really need to make it so either the tuner/tap can do effects, but be bypassed completely. Same with the switch at the top right. Have had multiple times where the top right switch gets hit (my expression pedal is next to the QC) and the preset changes. Helix is great with customizing the footswitches to have certain assignments. I don’t know why that top right button exists for switching presets by default anyways.

Here’s what I did for mine which I use as a desktop. This would also work for foot switching giving a little bigger target without getting too big and sorta sloppy as the mushroom thingy. I used the tapered shaft collars, you could use ones that are not which would be better for floor use.

Why not just buy some Mooer or other brand footswitch toppers? A much simpler and less invasive procedure…

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mooer+footswitch+topper&crid=293T2Q2NB7IR9&sprefix=mooer+footswitch+t%2Caps%2C198&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_18

Couldn’t agree more - my suggestion is a user-customisable menu setting to disable the preset footswitches when you’re in Stomp or Scene Modes, or even better, make the Preset footswitches only operate on a LONG press

Scroll back…I did try the mushroom caps and didn’t like them. They are big and made for footstomping. I only use my QC desktop.They sit on top of the buttons and with their width the buttons feel sloppy and flimsy. Using the smaller diameter collars even with the silicone rings they are more like a panel knob. The silicone rings give a softer feel and some friction. Nothing envasive at all with them.