Feat. Request: Make Hybrid Mode more like “Command center” on Helix

Make sure to vote for it in case you haven’t yet:)

How do you vote?

go to the top of the topic and click on the blue box

Thank You for your help!

1 Like

Voted! This one would also be win city.

1 Like

I think so, a must have.

I also posted a new thread including some details about this issue.

Actually the most problematic issue is that we cannot use the remaining scenes ( A B C D) in Hybrid mode. For example in Fractal AX8, I could assign bottom row to my prioritized scenes and also sometimes a 5th scene on upper row and the rest stomp boxes or some task switches like amp x/y or Control Switch etc… However even with this setup, whenever I want to engage a scene which is not assigned to any switch in this preset setup, I could recall it by pressing Scene select switch and pressing again to that corresponding scene number.

So every scene is usable that way. QC should find a workaround definitely.

1 Like

Exactly right, should be a priority.

1 Like

I think it would be even better if they look at what fractal does with it completely free switch assignment. This is really Great. Cause even on Helix you are Limited to just 2 “Pages” on Fractal its like 8 (not sure about how much) But i need more pages to scroll through that i can assign the way i want.
Most of all i would like to get rid of the “Preset up/down” switches. I to often accidently hit them.

1 Like

It’s clear that the method of assigning functions to switches in QC lags behind industry standards. I hope they take a closer look at this issue.

2 Likes

I guess it is impossible with QC’s algorithm to assign all the switches freely as in Fractal units. Why? Because Fractal units have definite numbers of FX blocks with their individual names, such as Delay 1 or Delay 2, drive 1… etc… That also why they have specific MIDI CC numbers for each block even if they are not assigned to a switch. However, in QC we have multiple entry opportunity for any kind of block. They don’t have names as well as dedicated CC numbers.
Having realized this fact, we QC users may only expect this update solution:
All switches might be assigned freely to one of these possibilities, i.e. Stomp A or Scene A or Preset A

If this works, there should definitely be one more MODE: Custom mode for individual free assignment. Of course when we have the opportunity to use that custom mode total Preset/Scene/Stomp modes should also accessible via Mode selection switching.

1 Like

Yes, that’s all I am asking for.

The Helix doesn’t have a predetermined number or type of blocks and it is still able to freely assign switches.

2 Likes

You are right, footswitches should be freely assignable to any particular function (stomp, scene or preset), no matter how the layout on the screen is.

Absolutely. QC midi is pretty limited.

Would be nice to be able to configure the gig layout of the screen to have more than 8 blocks as well. 12 or 16 would fit fine on that screen

Please, vote on the request. Thanks!

I have been gigging with QC for about one week. The double switch pressing for switching between scene/stomp modes is a real pain in the a**. It is too dangerous since you always have the risk of not pressing them together and the result is ending up with preset down in the middle of the flow of the song. I got embarrassed twice. Got into panic to return to my preset. This feature must definitely be updated. Even if I am too careful about pressing right, it creates anxiety during live show. For ex. I wanna engage an additional stomp after selecting a scene on scene mode, I really felt fear of pressing wrong again so I went on without that stomp. This is ridiculous (sorry).

For now I solved the issue adding the tiny m-vave chocolate midi controller in order to switch modes with one click. But such a powerful and expensive unit should do it alone.

We hope to see an urgent update please.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have been using it for almost a year. I stick to scene mode and never ever try to switch to other modes, at least live. Too risky. I have thought also about getting an extrrnal controller to access other modes, but that defeats the purpose of portability that I love so much about the QC.

For now my ultra compact setup is this. Chocolate is really small and has nearly no weight. However, this is no excuse for QC to ignore this fatal problem. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I rarely use Stomp mode, but I tend to build presets for specific purposes in either Scene mode or Scene/Stomp Hybrid. I’d love for the mode to persist when changing presets.

Ideally I’d be in in Preset 1 in Scene mode with my scenes visibile in Gig View. Then I’d switch to Preset 2 in Hybrid mode with Scenes/Stomps available in Gig View. No mode change necessary because the mode would be tied to the preset.

Undoubtedly I’m restating something someone else has said, for which I apologize in advance.

One hopes that this functionality rolls out with Cortex Control.

2 Likes