Hold & Secondary Functions for foot switches

It’s great to assign an expression pedal to multiple parameters for live effects manipulation, but it’d be super handy to do the same with the foot switches. Add the foot switches as an additional expression tool! For instance, in stomp mode, a footswitch pressed could toggle bypass state, but hold the same footswitch to manipulate/ramp user-defined parameters while the switch is held. I’d love to see it across all modes. It’d be useful in many situations where a user might want multiple expression triggers live, or could leave the expression pedal at home if the effects allow less precise expression.

Agreed. It’d be like morphing Kemper style.
I see it wouldn’t be useful in Stomp mode, but in Preset and Scene mode it would be extremely useful.

3 Likes

I’ve received my shipping notification and can’t wait to receive my QC! I have a question that hopefully someone can answer… is it currently possible to toggle the state of a scene by second pressing a switch?

For example;
→ My AX8 can toggle between scene 1 and 2 by pressing the switch a second time…
→ My Kemper Floor can morph between 2 states…

Both of these functions maximise the ability to be able to toggle between a Rhythm and Lead tone, or Dirty and Clean without tap dancing… perfect in live situations negating the need to look down.

I’d love to know if it’s currently possible and if not can someone chime in with whether their are plans to implement it?

Cheers.

3 Likes

Merged threads. Please search before making suggestions, and vote on existing suggestions rather than duplicating them so they get higher visibility. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally useful in stomp mode!

How about hold to change rotary speed fast/slow or for a longer preset delay time or reverb time or mix for example. Basically, controlling some parameter or the effect you selected.

It’d be totally useful to toggle from the scene you’re currently back to the one from whence you came. Example: Scene F is my main dirty tone, scene H is a harmonized lead section. Allow a second tap on H to send me back F and vice versa. Seems like an easily doable code change.

I’d use this ALL DAY LONG. Voted. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Coming from Kemper Stage I’d take this every day of the week. In combination with the highly wanted hybrid mode, live use will be amazing.

Bottom row - scenes. With secondary functions that would be a total of eight scenes.

Top row - stomp. In a dream scenario different stomps for each of the four “Main” scenes but four overall stomps is better than nothing.

1 Like

Strictly a preference thing but I happen to prefer scenes on the top and stomps on the bottom, so I hope that Neural implements options for a variety of configurations with an eye towards having the flexibility to mix & match, eventually allowing scenes, stomps, and even presets to be assigned to any footswitch. Starting with a hybrid mode with options to assign either row of footswitches to just presets, scenes, or stomps though is a grand place to start. Extended functionality using a second click or long-press would be a big bonus as well per the OP’s request.

There’s a short video released by Neural in the early days showing the hybrid mode and according to that you can choose as you want between scenes, stomp and presets but restricted to one row each. Freely assignable switches and secondary functions would be amazing though.

Adding my voice to this one. Footswitching on the QC is a long way behind the competition, and being able to freely reassign all the footswitches (even the existing preset up/down, tempo etc) using primary, secondary and momentary swtiching is a must. Fractal got this right and Neural have some catching up to do to allow full utilization of the power of the QC in a live setting.

The QC is in a class of its own being able to cram boatloads of blocks into their presets and the currently switching model severely impedes control of all that when playing live. I hope when they finally get round to improving the switching that they don’t just settle on a limited ‘top/bottom row’ toggle between scenes and stomps, and actually go out of their way to build something best in class (just like they did with the looper!)

1 Like

It is so important that this update happens. Not only the press and hold function would be a huge upgrade to useability, but right now in stomp mode there isn’t even any way to “channel switch” between two split paths, unless one uses expression pedal for that (not the toe switch, the actual expression). This is because only a block bypass is able to be assigned to a footswitch, no other parameter. Right now footswitches are really handicapped, hope this gets implemented ASAP

1 Like

A RJM or Gigrig G3 style multi function switch where you can either double tap or hold the switch would be amazing. I could see me using this to have 2 scenes on 1 switch, allowing up to 16 scenes. This would mean not having to mess around with changing up and down banks.

Yeah, seeing the info of what NDSP have released about Hybrid mode, i don’t see any mention of double tap or hold functionality and this is a real disappointment for me… Unfortunately, Hybrid mode is not going to provide me (personally) with much additional flexibility… other button functions however would open up a whole world of functionality.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely needed. Would be like Kemper Morphing. Hold for boost and delay, solo boost, etc…

2 Likes

Based on how you’re describing this, wouldn’t this also enable Momentary switch functionality?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s one outcome that I’m particularly interested in using.

But other footswitch interactions (double tap, press 2 switches at once, allowing a switch to perform a MIDI task without being attached to a block, e.g.) could open up further potential and lend flexibility in implementation to users.

The thing that holds me back from totally embracing scene mode is a second press of the switch to go back to the previous scene. It’s more intuitive for me to play this way. With the new hybrid mode, this would be epic.

All that is needed imo is double tap and hold functionality.

When assigning a foot switch you should have three options and could assign thee things per switch.

This way one could use a single foot switch in stomp mode to engage or disengage two different effekts and turn on a third temporarily.

Same with scenes.

Hybrid mode would become much more powerful that way.

1 Like

I hate to say it, especially as i know it would have taken hundreds of man hours in developing the latest update, but Hybrid mode is next to useless for me… if it suits your needs, that’s great but i personally feel that NDSP missed the mark by a mile here… with all the time spent programming Hybrid mode, would it have been too difficult to implement some button toggle/hold functionality?

I currently use scene mode explicitly to make the QC functional in a live setting… Hybrid would be great for presets on the bottom with 4 scenes or stomps up top, except the switching delay of presets makes this redundant, it’s inexcusably long and simply not usable live…

I can only hope that NDSP improves the switching functions but it’s taken this long to implement a somewhat half-baked switching system (in comparison to what the competition offers) that I’m certainly not going to hold my breath.

2 Likes