Hybrid mode limitations

Hybrid Mode seem to provide the entrance to both worlds. However there are drastic limitations. As a former Fractal Audio AX8 user, I have been very keen on stomp and scene issues, and switching between them.

Hybrid mode of Quad Cortex allows us just to use 4 of each mode. However, we might definitely need more than we see on the screen on a real stage scenario. An option to be able to swap between Stomp - Scene and Hybrid would be very nice indeed. Now if we choose Hybrid mode the others are wiped out. That is a big loss. For some main needs we would prioritize some scenes and stomps for urgent use and combine them in Hybrid mode; as well we could reach with one switch to all of the rest and use them (namely the rest of the scenes and stomps) as needed.

AX8 had this Scene select button in order to do just what I request.

Also the assignment of the switches would also be more free. Let us say 3 stomps but 5 scenes as we wish them. Every player has its own needs on stage.

I hope to see those upgrades soon.
Best regards

Hello, there are already several requests for more flexible Hybrid mode functions. This one is perhaps the most popular and addresses at least one of the functions you described. Please go vote.

1 Like

I did it, thank you.

Should I also add my post to that thread?

See also here

1 Like

This all ties in to my single greatest issue with the QC, which is the way you change Modes, ie by pressing both the Preset Down and the Tuner button at the same time.

To my mind any function that relies on simultaneously pressing 2 footswitches is massively flawed because, in this case, there is a significant risk that instead of changing modes by pressing those 2 buttons, you accidentally catch the Preset Down a split second before you press the Tuner footswitch, and next thing you know you’ve changed Preset in the middle of your guitar solo in a song, which would be hugely embarrassing.

I think it is essential addition to a firmware update that we can customise the way we change Modes, or alternatively customise the way we change Preset up/down, so we can negate the possibility of an accidental Preset change. As I recall the Helix has a dedicated button to change Modes, which of course is possible due to having more footswitches. Because the QC has less to choose from, I think Neural need to be a bit smarter in how we work around this

2 Likes

I added a post on another post with similar requests. Ä°f you like, you might follow that as well.

Stupid question here, but how does one vote? Is “liking” the post sufficient or do I need to reply? Also, sometimes I don’t see the heart icon in order to “like” the post. For example, I see it in your reply here but I don’t see it in ozanerk’s original post here. I only see these options -

thanks

At the very top, on the left, there is a box that says “VOTE”. That’s where you register your vote.

3 Likes

The option to vote only shows up on Feature Request threads.

3 Likes