Hybrid Mode: Top Row = Presets/Bottom Row = Scenes

Footswitches A thru D are Presets of choosing.
Footswitches E thru H are Scenes that correspond with the selected Preset.

I honestly feel like I can narrow down the majority of my usage to 4 main Presets… and within each Preset I could have 4 Scenes to make necessary changes within a song performance.

Add the third mode–Stomps–into that too.

Actually, I’d love if a patch could have a “hybrid” mode that was a combination of scenes and stomps. My “most of the night” patch currently has seven scenes, which leaves one button unassigned. I’d love that button to maybe be a “lead boost” stomp, just a volume block that bumps me by a few dB regardless of what Scene I’m in.

12 Likes

That’s pretty much what they described when introducing hybrid mode:

• Top row has either presets, stomps, or scenes
  • Bottom row has one of the two types not in the top row
6 Likes

was thinking I heard that. so has it been mentioned that Hybrid Mode is a planned feature in an upcoming firmware update?

1 Like

That’s the odd thing. They had screen shots/animations on the QC page but pulled them somewhere along the way. Having a feature request for Hybrid Mode might help maintain focus on the feature.

2 Likes

The Internet remembers everything :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The video is indeed available on the Neural Dsp facebook page…

hence… it should be coming soon to a firmware update near you.

“Coming soon” has taken on a whole new meaning with this product. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that…that would work for me, tho I’d prefer the way FAS does it on the AX8/FX8, where you can choose scene or stomp for each of the eight switches!

2 Likes

Top 1 on the wish/must have list is a user definable mix of preset/scene and stomp mode (for example to jump between preset/scene modes for different amps/gain and still have the actual FX-state for solo volume from gain-block, delay, tremolo and so on… remain on/off when switching between preset/scene.
There was a clip of a hybrid-mode but it was taken away and I wonder what happened with that?

For me also top 1 on the must have list. I’m very happy wirh the QC. But this function is very Important for my playing live. I don’t need nore new amps or effects. But functionality like Hybrid mode and additional controls for the Volume knob.

1 Like

A suggestion for for a hybrid switching mode that would provide max flexibility for 8 switches. A 3 tier style hybrid mode:

1. STATE:
    Some effect and amp blocks can be assigned to “state”. These states are controlled by a press and hold function of the footswitches. That way before a song or gig you can select your “state” based on genre of music and all of the appropriate effects and amps turn on similar to “scenes”.

2. SCENES:
    Scenes are selectable by footswitch and and function exactly as you’d expect, except they don’t affect the blocks assigned and controlled by the “STATE” effects and they toggle with a single footswitch tap.

3. STOMP:
    Toggle individual effect and amp blocks, but selections do not affect the “STATE” or “SCENE”.

I know that is mega complicated but this would be an awesome hybrid mode being able to access all of this in a single preset and take advantage of the QC processing power. In this mode you have mixed scene and Stomp footswitches, as well as a press and hold function to set the “state” of the preset.

2 Likes

Any news on hybrid mode? Is it being considered, or better, is it in development?

This is my top NEED. Despite the fact that the QC sounds and feels better, I’m using an AxeFXIII more often because it will do that.

1 Like

Ummm…lil embarrassed, as someone posted a video above and I replied to it. So the only question remains, “How soon!!!”

1 Like

Helix has this since a long time ago. Not the Press and hold-function but the option to switch between amps/scenes and letting chosen effects stay on/off according to their current state. The QC already sounds better so now it’s just functions like this and some basic effects (like harmonizer/intelligent pitch-shifter etc.) to add to make the unit usable on the fly in live situations.

How great could it be to have an hybrid mode where
A to D switches are assigned to stomp and E to H are scenes?
You can tweak any block between scenes and change for example delay mix and have the possibility to have it assigned to a stomp switch

Something similar to what kemper can do in performance mode…

preach brother!

1 Like

Already proposed.

4 Likes

Upss excuse me bro!!