CorOS 2.1.0

Hello all, do any of you know when this update could come out?

1 Like

In the future :wink:

3 Likes

Hi all,
Yesterday i have reached the event horizon of Sagittarius A and having undergone a space-time distortion now i’ am on 2.2.1.
I can tell you that everything is beautiful.
Unfortunately I missed the release of 2.1.0 so I don’t know when.
Cheers

5 Likes

They said “Soon” so I am guessing Christmas 2024 or so.

5 Likes

A week past never.

1 Like

What kinds of amazing improvements do we expect from 2.1.0?

1 Like

some pretty good stuff, actually:

1 Like

I think they are on a good track, but all kidding aside this will be 2 months here pretty soon. Therefore the jokes about “Soon” are warranted. Will there be a June update saying something similar? I follow these type things fairly closely and it is my perception that the Neural team is losing the foot race. Will it matter now or later? I don’t know, but I would say the common perception is that they are behind and appear to show no signs of changing their pace.

3 Likes

Tomorrow is Friday and it is already June. It’s sure to come out tomorrow

1 Like

As an old Kemper user I already know the words to this song. The Keeper forums had similar postings with literally thousands of posts. Once it was finally delivered all was forgiven😍

3 Likes

Do you feel that Neural is on a good trajectory towards having the kind of longevity and brand support the Kemper has enjoyed?

For me the jury is still out. Frustrating as the wait has been for delivery of some features including the editor, I have to say that I see some similarities between the development path of the Helix and the QC. This includes the order in which certain features were delivered. There was the same level of urgency in the early years there regarding things like adding an editor, MIDI implementation and clock, as well as squashing bugs.

Line 6 somehow managed to keep a more optimistic vibe going while simultaneously being more tight-lipped than QC about what was coming in updates. Their level of circumspection may actually have benefited them as there was more of a sense of waiting for undelivered potential rather than undelivered promises. That gave them more of a window to mature as complaints on the site could be met with “they never promised you a rose garden, buy your device for what it has on it at the point of sale”.

I think now it just comes down to delivery. Looks like they are hiring and that needs to result in picking up the pace on updates. Those updates need to be significant, and features need to be well executed. If they do that, I think they can get back to inhabiting the niche they started with which is a very compact, portable, and powerful modeler, with lots of footswitches (which also work as selectors) in a small footprint, and an excellent touchscreen UI. Add to that the fact that in addition to the considerable processing available, due to that small footprint, it can easily be included on a pedalboard allowing users to retain a few of their favorite stand-alone pedals. Potentially even more flexible if they improve the MIDI capabilities. Can’t forget the QC’s ability to capture pedals as well as amps and cabs, even if we are seeing that technology evolve elsewhere as well.

Easy to lose sight of some of the things that inspired us to purchase the QC in the first place as we wait for updates. Speaking only for myself I am willing to wait a bit longer yet to see what they can make happen in the coming year.

9 Likes

Wow man
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I think you have a really good grasp on things regarding the QC and modeling in general. Perceptions can trump reality at times. No one likes playing from behind, but there is a reason why UPSETS are so easily remembered. Down for the count and then… !!! Maybe we will be not only surprised but gratified by what comes from Neural this year. I am rooting for it!

1 Like

I like your take.

I am someone who had a QC for about a year and a half. Sold it. Then 6 months later bought another. I really missed the UI and the haptic feedback of twisting the “swobs”.

QC doesn’t have everything but what it does have I love. And I hope it will improve. I do like using an editor and that workflow is great but I also like the ability to and knowledge that I can make adjustments on the fly right in the unit itself.

I also have an FM9 and love it as well but without that thing plugged into a laptop I am completely lost if I wanna make changes.

5 Likes

Well said, HonestOpinion. Although I am frustrated by some of the QC’s limitations, I am certainly enjoying the great features and sound that it delivered, right out of the box.

4 Likes

Enjoy!

4 Likes

And the Desktop app?
I thought it was coming with version 2.1.0 … maybe i got it wrong and they meant version 2000.1.0 … sorry, my bad :frowning:

1 Like

The desktop editor was never part of CoreOS 2.1.0 but it’s certainly leading up to it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW! It’s been a bit of a wait but v2.1 looks to include a lot of fixes and user-requested changes, along with some nice added features, amps (Victory, Match-Chieftain) cabs and effects. I look forward to updating, after our next batch of gigs. :smirk::watch:

Great job NDSP!

2 Likes

Knocking out those Feature Requests fast and furiously!

4 Likes