Any official informationes about delay in delivery?

Hello, I would be interested to know if there is any official information on the subject of deliverability. The queues at Sweewater are, as far as I’ve read, about to break the thousand mark and my order at Thomann has now been delayed for the second time. It must be really frustrating for a company when they see how many people want to buy the product, but they can’t get it produced fast enough.

3 Likes

The chip shortage is real… particularly for the Analog Devices ADSP-SC589 chips the unit is based on.

Not for love or money:

Stock: 0

1 Like

Sweetwater has been averaging around 4-4.5 months which has been pretty standard since this time last year for the most part.

1 Like

Hi!

Can the people already having their QC share their delay time from Thomann they had?

I’m also in the situation for a 3rd delivery delay…

I work also in the music industry and I know that getting components is a nightmare.

But this time, it’s not about 4 weeks of delay… I just received another « 11 to 14 Weeks » delay (I should received it next week…but…)

So it’s really frustrating :pleading_face:

Yes, became also yesterday a delay-mail. New date is mid may. Well, maybe the delay has an advantage - I bet when we get our QC delivered in the end we can enjoy the whole range of great features of firmware 3.25 out of the box.

I wanted to do the same joke :smile:
Maybe we will have the MK2 model…

For me the estimated date is 22th June…

Just checked via my company, and the Analog Devices ADSP-SC589 got a 90 weeks lead time… so I think it’s hard for Neural DSP to build the Quad Cortex…

1 Like

Yes, all very annoying. But you have to remember that the people at Neural DSP are suffering from the situation just as much as we are. The turnover that is lost there should not be little.

1 Like

And still waiting for it. Next estimated delivering date: May 25. I still wonder why it is not possible for NP to predict the delivery date more accurately than to push it back by 2 weeks every 2 weeks… for now well almost 5 months.

No news for me on Thomann.
Estimated delivery in 5/6 Weeks => 22 June… (so 5months after I bought it).

Got some (bad) news from Thomann :frowning:
New estimated delivery date : 18-08-22

Purchase date : 21-02-22

I received the same bad news :exploding_head:
New estimated delivery date: 18-08-22

Purchase date: 06-04-22

Yes, me too. That’s ridiculous.

@NDSP: The eternal delivery delays are not the only problem. With your absolute radio silence about the exact reason for this and especially what you are doing to finally be able to deliver, you are gambling away a lot of trust with people who would like to become your customers. And I don’t mean a five-word sentence like “We have a chip shortage”. We already know that. Please go into more detail. Not being able to deliver a product for well over half a year doesn’t exactly give you the feeling that the company can survive something like that. Please rebuild some trust with a detailed statement. To be honest, I have never experienced such a sales process in my life.

@in5y372 - Hey thanks for your message and sorry you’re frustrated with the wait times. We are working hard to get Quad Cortex shipped and are just as eager as you to fulfill orders. I don’t know what to tell you other than it is in fact chip shortages that other companies around the world are facing as well. Also depending on where you ordered your QC, the wait time’s can vary depending on that specific dealer’s waitlist.

I wish I had a better answer for you since I know it’s frustrating to wait, but that is the reality of the situation. We appreciate your patience!

1 Like

Faced with the very long lead times offered by Thomann, I looked for the Quad cortex from another supplier.

I ordered one from Andertons on June 1…it was just sent to me today June 7…
I am canceling my order with Thomann now.
It seems to be available again from Andertons on June 30th:

NDSP has resolved their issue with component shortages and plans to deliver QC units more frequently now. I hope that speeds things up for all who are waiting.

1 Like

@Bebob: If I would order from andertons, I would have to pay customs and taxes to Germany. That will then be too expensive for me. Also, the 3-year warranty that Thomann offers is not wrong.

@MP_Mod Yes, I have also heard in the meantime. Good to know that one has been active there. I’m curious when the numbers of units go up. Funnily enough, the news went around two or three days after NDSP replied up here. One could have written naturally also here. If I have noticed it correctly, the message was first emailed to people with power supply problems. A bit strange, the communication here.

Just had a message from Thomann that my order is on the way :slight_smile:
Better than waiting to 18 August!

I hope the order is complete.

Yes, received the same information today :-). Great :slight_smile:

When did you order? I’m still waiting for mine from Thomann

Hi, I placed my order an 8th of februray.