Will Not Connect to Home Wifi/Cortex Conrol

i’ll be honest here… i’m frustrated. I cannot get my QC to connect to my home internet. When I attempt to connect to it, it displays “Obtaining an IP Address” and never clears from it.
I have checked my router and it shows that an IP has been assigned.
I can only connect to my phone’s hotspot.

Troubleshooting steps taken:
Factory Reset of QC, Netgear Orbi Router, and Century Link modem
On current firmware for all devices

I am also not getting a connection to the internet when directly connected to my computer using the Cortex Control.

I reached out to support very early in the this issue was simply told to make sure that I had 2.4ghz enabled.

If you aren’t even getting internet via Ethernet over USB, there is likely something blocking it on your computer. Try temporarily disabling ant-virus/firewall settings and re-test. While wifi is only supported via 2.4g, I would try creating a guest account without any special characters in the SSID and or password just to test. Lastly, most people also use their cell hotspot without issue if you have issues connecting to your home Internet/router.

Was having same issue just now trying to apply the update and ended up having to place the QC right next to my WIFI antenna to get connected. Once I did, and then downloaded and applied the update, I noticed there was a fix in 2.2.0 to address some issues obtaining IP addresses (getting wrong address). I seem to be ok with the issue now that I’ve updated to 2.2.0, even when the QC is no longer right next to the WIFI antenna. The weak WIFI is an issue for sure, and hopefully being able to connect to the network via the USB will eliminate that issue for me going forward (once I figure out how to do it).

Setting up separately named SSIDs for 2.4ghz and 5ghz has also helped some folks.

1 Like

I can connect via the hotspot on my phone. that’s the only way i’ve been able to connect.
for what we are paying on this device, I expect to be able to connect and work on my home wifi in at least the same manner as my $40 smart light.

1 Like

I have a mesh network (Netgear Orbi) and the satellite is in the same room as the Quad Cortex.

I use the exact same setup. I don’t think it’s the QC, it’s most likely some network setting.
Are there any non-standard characters in your sign-in info? Not sure if that would affect this situation, but anything’s worth a try.

Nope. No special characters in the SSID or password.