Which stock amp in the QC has best edge of breakup tones?

Wondering which amp and cab combination has the best edge of breakup tones in the QC?

I love the Imperial MK 2, specifically on 7. The breakup is really nice.

2 Likes

Pardon my ignorance but what does number 7 specifically mean?

1 Like

For me, the best edge of breakup amp is the Morgan 50 model, I use my own IRs but it sounds nice with the Zilla 2x12 and as a bonus, this amp works great with drive pedals as well!

2 Likes

I like the Freemen 100 options. Some break up more than others of course.

Yes, sorry! So there are captures for different volume/gain levels, and the one that really breaks up beautifully but can also cleans up nicely with the guitar volume control, is the capture with 7 in the title. Hope that makes sense!

There’s a very nice factory capture of Matchless Chieftain that I really like for this (don’t remember the number, but you should be able to find it easily).

I cannot find this amp anywhere. Is it in factory captures or the Guitar Amp selection? Can’t see anything that is named Imperial.

2 Likes

I think the Tone King Imperial MK II is called “TuneRoyal MK2” on the QC.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that Andy. I am so lazy I am just now getting around to actually doing any presets on my own. I found the setting here and noob question: Do I add a cab to this or is there one in the capture already? Thanks for all you do here.

1 Like

Many thanks for your kind words, Brian!

You can actually filter the captures for amp, combo amp, amp+cab, cab.
If I remember correctly, the Tone King (TuneRoyal) captures are “combo amp”, so normally you should not need a cab.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Rock on!

1 Like

The Tone King shouldn’t require a cab, but it does. Though it is a combo amp, and NDSP has listed it as such, you can tell by listening to the higher gain captures that it must have been captured as DI. Let your ears be the guide, of course, but several users have reported that neither of the combo amp factory captures seem to include the actual cab

2 Likes

This is weird. I still cannot find anything named TuneRoyal on my QC :confused:

Edit: nvm, I had some stupid filter on lol.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, @xush , should have tried myself before answering.
I remember now seeing in another thread that they somehow put the wrong category on the captures.

1 Like

Thanks Xush
What would be your favorite cab to pair with this capture? Always interested to know your thoughts…

1 Like

I really like any of the first 3 small cabs for combo-type amps. The 112 UK C15 blue is especially nice

1 Like

Hi there,

Apologies as I have absolutely not helped this discussion with my vagueness. TuneRoyal MK2, it is. And it’s lovely!

1 Like