What videos would you like to see?

Hey. New to the group. I pre-ordered the Quad Cortex the other day. I’m a simple guy. I like solid cleans and rock tones. No fancy reverbs. But I will take a dotted 8th delay all day long.

Occasionally I like extreme high gain.
I’m currently a boss gt1000 user. I’m gutted that I’m in the position whereby I will likely sell the Gt1000, but it cannot deliver on the high gain tones I want… And I’m confident the QC will.

I know the QC will come with a load of amps and effects. I can’t imagine I will need to profile amp’s, but, it would ideal if the QC could profile a pedal. For example a synth. So, instead of having it in the loop it could save the sound. Do you think this would be possible?

I want to see an one man band with a lot o instruments, voice, looping and crazy clean effects

1 Like

Would love to see the Capture feature, next to a Kemper, with the result audio available for download in high quality, not MP3 or crappy YouTube …

So we are about 3-4 months until the first 1000 Quad Cortex units should be going out to pre-order customers. There are lots of suggestions here, are any videos coming?

Would be cool to see the QC see in action by musicians aren’t classical guitar players too. Maybe some string players see using this unit would be very cool!

No new videos in 7 months.

Be nice to see and hear where the Quad Cortex is now

3 Likes

I would like to see a band “gig live situation” where we would see how practical the gigview function would work on a gig set with different types of presets.

2 Likes

It would be cool to see the capture and the modelling up against a comparision
Kemper

For instance blind test ex Deizel Vh4 ch 3 Clips of ABCD

The Amp, Ncapture, Neural model. And Kemper profile

This process for clean Crunch
Higain Tones

So maybe like A Fender Twin , A plexi
And a Deizel

1 Like

Would find it useful if upcoming demonstration videos will always also focus the Quad Cortex (with a second camera or so) whats going on screen and knobs.

(Permanent detailed recordings.)

An overview with possible audio snippets of all the features which have been currently implemented and are fully functional in the QC would be great!

1 Like

Would love to see just a bunch of clips of the amps models that you could click on and get a short mp3 clip of the amp

And some different style clips like
Country Funk blues Classic rock
80 hair and of course the modern heavies and. Lead tones

2 Likes

As someone like me, who doesnt have an amp to capture but has got very nice bouteque analog pedals. I would like to see how to capture effects pedal, see what it takes in that proces, and afterwards, watch the resultm. I would like a video where Its clear which type of rig Its possible to capture.

3 Likes

I’d like to see the neural capture process. I’m guessing you need to have studio quality mics and room to capture the essence of an amp. I have an amp I love and would love to have access to in the QC. Will I have to hire a recording studio to do the capture?

Everyone seems excited by this and I’m confused why when for most people getting a capture won’t really be possible. Am I missing something?

1 Like

There is a capture video on their youtube. You can mic cabs but IMHO that’s better left for pros. I’ll try it anyway but the better approach for us plebs is use a load box to capture just the amp head, and send the cortex the amp DI (cortex does not have built-in load box so it cant take a speaker cable direct from amp).

The onboard cab sims are going to give the majority of users worlds more variety, and better results than micing up their own cabs. I’ve had way better results recording my tube amps with IR’s than micing my cabs so this should be no different. Always came out cleaner with a lower noise floor, plus I get access to tones from expensive mics and cabs i dont own.

Just like the kemper ‘direct’ (amp only) profiles vs ‘studio’ (amp + cab) profiles- i expect the same thing to happen here in the community. The direct profiles users share will be much more useful than ‘most’ studio ones - while the full rig captures issued by neural, and the ones sold by the 3rd party pros should come out great. …just like kemper.

1 Like

Oh I love this idea! More than likely that QC will have a better sounding cab with the speaker I want anyway. It’s the pre-amp/power amp combo I like.

So now I gotta figure out what a load box is. I guess I’m going shopping :slight_smile:

Thanks this was really useful.

No prob! I’ve already done this with real amp-> load box -> neural plugins (amp sim off, cab sim on) and not only does it sound and work great- being able to throw a looper on and tweak the virtual cab sim is just magic, and a much better workflow than simply clicking / auditioning a million IR files like i need to do with my other amp modeler. Cortex has this same feature, made by the same people, so i fully expect it to perform similarly and can be tweaked right on the unit itself. Right now I’m using a lower end load box (torpedo captor) which I mostly use as an attenuator so I can get the saturation of a cranked amp but at reasonable volume. It has a DI out jack, which sends just that, the raw direct signal coming from the amp and i plug that into a usb interface, and route that signal to a track in my daw. From there i can load whatever plugin i like for IR’s and fx. In this case, I’d just send the DI from the load box to the cortex and capture away.

The whole idea is, a tube amp needs to be connected to a load or you’ll f it up. Normally thats a speaker cabinet. But if you dont want it going to a cab- and instead direct into a computer for recording - you use a load box. It simulates the load of a speaker can so you dont mess up your amp. Theres a bunch of them out there, with different features and varying quality. The idea would be to get the best one you can afford for capture purposes, as a better one ‘should’ get your amp behaving more like it would when connected to a real cab. The suhr reactive load is what i’m currently thinking about grabbing but i’m still very much undecided.

But to the original point- amp-head-only captures - is not only possible, but is probably going to be the ideal way to use the unit for the majority of users.

1 Like

1- the process of neural capture, how to do it

2- demo of the app/ cpu software

I would propose videos or video series on basic topics that describe the technical usage of the unit itself and series that deal with practical applications using the unit for recording and live applications. Maybe taking the perspective of guitarists, singers, basists, beginners pros etc. would be a good idea. There are thousands of such topics for video series in my mind. A few examples could be:
“Getting started with the QC - from unboxing to first sounds”
“Setting up for optimal sound environment”
“How to capture physical rigs”
“Get the sound of U2 / Van Halen / Hendrix / Metallica etc.”
“How to use the QC as a vocal fx unit”
“The delay settings”
“FX types and rig signal chains”

1 Like

1 up on this @EbTuning

Additional to rig signal chains I would like to see stereo setup/rig, something similar to Rabea or even wet/dry

1 Like

I’d like to see a video on how the Plugin to QC interface works for those of us planning on getting the QC and also already own a significant number of the plugins.

I know you already did a Capture video but at some point a tutorial type vid on the capture process would be good. I own a number of tube amps and assorted rack gear that would be fun to capture.

I’m really intrigued by the cloud and wireless connectivity and would love to see more on that including editing presets on a computer or mobile device.

More effects and amp modeling demos, maybe some A/B comparisons or blind test of QC vs modeled items.

2 Likes