What videos would you like to see?

For me, the sound of the modeled amps together with the Cab Sims and the handling in live situations are important, e.g. how do I create a set list, how do I step through. Videos about it would be very welcome.

Would be nice to have some actual demos of the tones. A month until release and we’ve had a half-arsed Sweetwater ‘demo’ and an official studio demo of the capture.

Come on guys!

1 Like

Big, lush cleans and edge of breakup tones - Marshall, Hiwatt, Fender (tweed, brownface, blackface). Those beautiful lush harmonic filled clean tonez!

1 Like

Yes, prerelease videos of amp tones, like said above. Come on guys, just come on, you can’t be serious. We don’t have to hide anything, have we? I expect greatness out of this box, so… come on. Let’s hear it, finally!

2 Likes

I’m always a little worried when a manufacturer like this doesn’t released many videos of it actually performing. Either they are doing this because they want us to be totally blown away, or it’s going to end up being a big expensive turd. I very much hope it’s the former. I want to hear the vintage mid gain amps like all the fender tweeds, supros, vox ac15 and 30’s. I think if they can get the feel and tone of those right, they can get anything right. I’d also like to see some low/mid gain drive pedals demo’d like Klong Centaur, King of Tone, Tube Driver, etc. Lastly, delays, reverb, phasers, flange, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, those are my go to amps in my Kempers, also an old Plexii. If I can say one thing as a vintage amp lover is that Kemper is totally capable of giving me the nuances you mentioned (well almost but perfect enough fir me I would say). All the other modellers, I really mean ALL of them, could not bring them to my ear, so far. They are almost there but they refuse to bring the last few percent. I expect the capture function of the QC to deliver this, like my Kempers. So…

How about a video series named: vintage amps captured by the QC (one amp per video).

2 Likes

Either they are doing this because they want us to be totally blown away, or it’s going to end up being a big expensive turd.

To be fair, those aren’t the only reasons.

It’s not a massive company of hundreds and hundreds of people, development, testing, logistics all takes a massive amount of resources (read: time). If any of those points has challenges or setbacks it’s going to impact their ability to ship on time and/or do marketing activities.

I’d rather they focus on getting the product right and out the door when it needs to than making videos if that is the choice. We don’t know enough of what’s going on internally to make any judgements.

Edit: they could solve these worries though by just telling their potential customers. :wink: I’m more worried about the lack of transparency than the specific output.

2 Likes

You forget the thousands of users who would die to do those test videos for free for the company. I bet many would even pay to be the first who deliver sound samples in their Youtube channels. So the point that it is a small company is not a point imho.

I think you’re underestimating the logistics of that.

But either way, we just don’t know.

None of the companies in this space is very big. I think people would be shocked at how small “giants” like Line 6 and Boss actually are, particularly the size of the teams who are actually working to develop new products.

1 Like

The general consensus I’ve observed in this thread has a lot to do with the ‘Sound’ and ‘Utility’ in comparison with the current market leaders - Fractal & Kemper. I suppose that once the product is released, youtube should be ready with an arsenal of review and comparison videos.

However, I’m personally invested in this as long as it offers a ‘synth’ effect that’s meant to be incorporated into the QC. I’ve checked in with the team regarding this, but haven’t received a conclusive response, which is disappointing. So instead of booking one, I’ve decided to wait and evaluate the response upon its release.

I really hope the final quality matches up with the hype, and honest product reviews give all those seeking more info on how it stands ups against the current market giants.

Boss is difficult to say has it is part of Roland Corp (3000 ish empl) but line since is about 330, so yeah that is not so big when we look at market share

Only a small portion of those numbers is involved in product development. I dunno if L6 has more than about 10 people writing code. Boss only had a handful of folks developing the SY-1000 and most of them have moved on to other projects.

probably true, I work for a software company myself, developpers are surrounded by a LOT of departments/people

Note that it is mandatory for things to run smooth, but it explains why line 6 is still updating the helix after what 6 years?

For videos, I’d like to see/hear various sounds both soloed and in context of a mix. Jon at Sonic Drive Studios on YouTube does this for a lot of his reviews and I find the “in context of a mix” by far the most informative since that is the end goal use case.

As a side note, I’m not so hung up on exact emulations of existing gear, but I am definitely interested in top drawer sounds that can be used to craft a signature. I suppose a successful product needs to be able to do both…

I absolutely do want to hear direct comparisons to known, traditional amps, in typical contexts, and using traditional guitars. I’m not a ‘modern metal’ guy. I want to hear this thing do Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, SRV, AC/DC, Andy Timmons… classic stuff, where I/we have a frame of reference for whether or not the models are good/accurate/nuanced/detailed. Isolated guitar, not hidden in backing tracks, or excessive effects.

I’m less interested in the UI. I think we all can assume it’s far better than a Kemper or Fractal, and will be similar to a Helix/Headrush. Not much new to learn there.

Also curious about the differences between models vs captures. How much tweakability is possible in a capture, whether captures are better than models in terms of accuracy/realism… And if they are better, why wouldn’t we just rely on captures?

2 Likes

+1

I think the answer why we do not only rely on captures becomes clear when you look at the two biggest opponents fractal and Kemper. A unit that will combine both camps with an equally good or better sound quality will rule the universe for the next years.

Well I took a minute to respond to this back in March on what I’d like to hear. It’s now November and you’re supposed to be close to launch. It sure would be nice to see a video showing off the variety of sounds we can expect. Anything expected soon? Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, +1 is the only thing I want to add.