What kind of pedalboard are you guys using?

Curious as to what players here are using to affix their QC to their pedalboard for transport. Cabling, plus padding on the lid? Velcro? Straps? Chewing gum? Always a dilemma for me when setting up a pedalboard.

Heavy duty/industrial grade Velcro is my method of choice.

2 Likes

If you are using a Temple Audio board they have great mounting plates you stick under the QC or what ever pedal you want to mount and then srew it on the board. On all other board I’m using Dual Lock tape. But don’t use to much of it. First time I used Dual Lock I put two stripes over the complete length of my Helixs I had back then. It was a nightmare to get the Helix of the board when I sold it.

1 Like

Power-Grip Pedalboard Mounting Tape. this stuff works perfect

1 Like

Here is my new pedalboard…not as fancy and neat as most awesome boards posted here, but haven’t seen much with any poweramps included on the board…so here goes my version…can’t get much simpler :smiley:

6 Likes

Tried out the Holeyboard pedalboard. Was hoping the quad cortex fit in the bottom but one of the xlr ports was blocked so I tried putting it on the top level and I actually like it. Feels really good especially if I bend down to edit presets

7 Likes

Hey everyone! Figured this was good a place as any to introduce myself and my new QC rig! Really pleased with how this thing sounds and feels. Came from a Kemper with a full pedalboard and am happy to say I don’t miss it.

Pedaltrain Classic 1, BigSky and Walrus Audio Julia in FX Loop 1 and 2 respectively.

9 Likes

Mine is an old Pedaltrain Mini. I was able to fit the cioks dc7 power supply underneath. In order to connect power to the dc7, I zip-mounted a Temple Audio IEC AC Mains Micro Module. This has a power on/off switch which is very convenient.

The Wampler Ego Comp Mini (always on) connects to the IN of the QC. The Keeley Modded TS9DX is connected in the first effect loop. I will add a second OD for the second loop.

1 Like

I see some guys powering their QC and also their Shure GLXD16 with the Cioks DC7. Does the Shure also need a Y-Adapter and what settings at the Cioks has to be chosen? If I take a look at my unit, there just stands “9 to 15V, 250mA”.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I wanted to share my very compact QC pedalboard setup. Still a work in progress, but getting there.

4 Likes

The power module I am using to connect the power cable of the Cioks DC7 is the power extension module for the Temple Pedalboards (look at the last pic). It has a power on/off switch which makes it easier to turn on and off the whole pedalboard without having to unplug power every time.
I attached it to my Pedaltrain Mini using zip ties.

How do you power the QC with the DC7? Do you need to use like 4 outlets?

1 Like

Yes, I connected all 4 as per instructions here in the forum. However, not all 4 outlets on the DC7 seem to be on all the time (only 3 of them), so I might get away with using only 3.

You’ll need 4, per Cioks that can happen when you max the output of one of the taps… the light turns out. It’s completely normal. Usually it happens at boot up but returns after having it on for a while. There’s more juice necessary on start up. Hope that helps. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll play… 2 Metro 20’s with DVP5’s and cioks dC7 derivatives for the Ol’ powee wowee. I also just swapped out some of the taller mooer toppers for their shroom versions. It worked great at last nights show (the bottom pics)

3 Likes

thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

Yeah it happened with the Eventide PowerMax V1 I have so I wrote support. I’ve since noticed the longer the session, that it normalizes and turns back on.

Edit: The support reference = Cioks as I originally put a ticket in w/ eventide but they told me to message Cioks as they haver zero to do w/ the manufacture of the PowerMax…

1 Like

Now you have some great flexibility! Its a shame that qc needs the morningstar really but you have a great rig now.

Metro 24

[

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just took delivery of the QC in a trade yesterday (traded a Kiesel Vader 7), and I’ve had so much fun with it!

Here’s my little Temple Duo17 with the QC and a few of my favourite pedals - the Cali76 CD, H9 Max, and the GFI Skylar. I also had a poly effects Beebo that I wanted to put on the board, but it won’t fit the Duo. I’ve also got a Trio 21 which was my main board for a while, but I thought I’d go smaller (and start selling the other pedals) given the ground that the QC alone can cover!

Just as a background, I’ve had a direct-in board since the Kemper toaster was first released, and have had the likes of Axe FX II, Helix, Flyrig (the RK was my favourite), both Simplifier and Simplifier DLX, and most recently was using a UAFX Dream at the end of my chain.

I’ve been yearning to grab one, but the earlier issues did put me off a little bit. Plus, they were fairly hard to get locally in Australia. But oh boy, Christmas did come early this time around!

I also wanted to thank the brains trust of this forum to help me with power supply options, and while I wanted to get the Sweetfoot p/s, he doesn’t ship to Australia due to a lack of support here. I didn’t want to grab the CIOKS DC7 because I’ve also already got the Ojai R30 which works just fine.

I ended up grabbing a compatible power supply on Amazon, and using my old polarity converter cable to power her up. I bought an IEC Y-splitter to power both with one mains cable.

I mainly play in church these days, and because I’m in a situation where stereo input can be a premium at least half the time, I’ve decided to keep using my Walrus Stereo Canvas as it’s got the sum function.

I’ve decided to keep the Cali76 because it just gives it that much more, and I’ve loved this compressor ever since I’ve gotten it. It’s my always-on pedal.

I’ve also got the Dunlop Mini X as my expression pedal, and now she fits right into a small pelican-copy case! I’m still looking around for my little midi cable so I can change presets on the H9 too, it’s in a box of cables somewhere at home.

Signal chain is Cali 76 - QC - Skylar → H9 (stereo effects loop) → Canvas Stereo just in case anyone’s wondering.

Can’t wait to explore the tones further, and I look forward to future OS updates too!

1 Like