My Battery Powered Quad Cortex!

Hi there! I thought I might as well share my brand new pedalboard, which is completely wireless. It has a 50,000 MAH battery (made by Krisdona) that uses a USB C to DC (with reverse polarity add-on) to power the QC. The expression pedal (Dunlop DVP5) is passive so it doesn’t take power. I have stripped down Line 6 wireless system mounted to the top invetween the QC and the pedal, which I take out and plug in to my guitar to get an input. It runs a second wireless out to the FX loop on my amp. If you’re curious, the board is a Temple Audio Solo 18.

Just posting this for y’all’s thoughts!

6 Likes

Cool! What run times are you getting? How is the latency? How hot does it get? Got a pic of the underside installation?

1 Like

It somehow doesn’t get hot at all. I have almost zero latency.

Here’s the bottom of the rig.

1 Like

Pretty creative. I got a Nux Mighty Space for battery powered situations. It sounds pretty good.

2 Likes

Hey, how long can you run the QC on the Krisdona battery?

I don’t have the krisdonia but used a 50,000mah maxoak that gave me 6 hrs non stop and still had 3/4 lights on. And I also used the baseus 30,000 and that gave me about 4.5 continual hrs while also powering up a midi baby from it as well. So I’m guessing the krisdonia should be in the 8-10 hr range

8-10 hours for me.

Thanks.
I’m trying to reproduce what you have done. I received the Krisdonia.
You said it “uses a USB C to DC (with reverse polarity add-on) to power the QC”.
I’m not sure I understand how you’re making a direct connection from the Kris to the round connector (center negative) on the QC. Are there some adapters, like the “reverse polarity add-on” that you are using?

1 Like

It is literally a 12V reverse polarity cable coming from the USB-C port.

Got it working … thanks.
Did you use adhesive pads to mount the Krisdonia to the bottom of the Templeboard.
And did you use the quick disconnect adhesive pads to mount the QC and your pedal to the top?
Thanks

Do you have an example of the 12v reverse polarity cable for USB-C to DC? Thank you!

1 Like

Kinda be careful what you use, I have the same setup, usbc to dc is the way to go, this way you don’t need to set the voltage every time. The pack shuts off on its own after you shut down the QC.
But I bought this one and it worked.

QIUCABLE Type-C to DC Power Cable… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N3LQKDR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I bought a different one first and it didn’t work, lucky I tried again rather than just using the dc. It has to be a 12v and data travels from usbc to dc, this is important I guess. Then yeah just a polarity switcher, this one is center pos. The qc needs center neg. You can get a usbc to dc that is center neg and skip the adapter, they make those too, I didn’t know that til after. Either way this one works and my board is wireless. I get a ton of hours on it before a charge. No heat, no noise, the board looks good. Plus with the pass through I can just plug it in through the battery pack, and I’m not goin in and out the dc plug on the QC. It will charge while I’m playing.

Hey,
Thanks for your help in getting my board configured.
It is truly wireless and has worked flawlessly.

1 Like

Very nice, Mitch :nail_care:

And presumably you could power straight from a USBC wall plug (20W or 25?) using the same USBC-DC cable straight in to the DC input of the QC, bypassing the battery, if for some reason you wanted to do that?

Do you have an example of a centre-neg USBC to DC? I haven’t found one on Amazon yet…

It would still need to be 12v out, I think those phone charger cubes are only 5v.

I will get this adapter in the coming days. They sell an inverse polarity cable,too
This would be great, if it works properly

Got the cables and they work like a charm. For the price they are great quality and now I can use any usbc pack with pd and 65 watts.
Highly recommend

1 Like

Wow, that thing is SICK! I love the coveres on the buttons. I need to get some of those for my QC.

I’m so glad I could help!

1 Like

Thanks …
This is the brand of button toppers I bought … Amazon for $11.99

MOOER Footswitch Topper 'Shroom (10Pak) (MFTMTP)