What kind of pedalboard are you guys using?

I went semi cheap for my micro guitar rig (have FM9 Turbo and Axe FX III MkII Turbo rigs, too).
Guitto GPB-03. Love it!!!

Hello together. Which poweramp do you use on your boards?

Most of the time I go direct to FOH, but for cases I have to use a cab I have a generic 19" 1HE rack PA Poweramp.

Thank you. My decision fell on the Ritter Amp - Amp Base. A lot of power and fits perfect under the QC. But now i am looking for small plugs (to solder or solderless) that are small enough to setup a stereo configuration. Or that simply fits in the Peterson StromboStomp Mini. The EBS Cables does (but only available in 3 length).…. but the Hicon Plugs don‘t…

Could somebody help me please?

THX ReaSys

Pictures of my board will follow.

Have you considered soldering your own custom patch cables from cabling and SquarePlugs? In this way you can choose lower capacitance cabling which would lead to less high frequency roll-off and thus better signal fidelity. You would also get better cable management since you can cut your lengths to what you need.

Thank you. I think i have to try the squareplugs (maybe the SP400 / 500 or the Rean Version).

Okay the KMMK‘s are much smaller, but does anybody know where i can buy them in germany? UK, PL, DK… no problem, but Not here by a local or online dealer.

2 Likes

Nice. Also, I’ve never heard of Kaweco until now but it looks like you also have a nice taste in pens.

I have spent more money than i like to admit on pens :joy:

1 Like

First post. Long-time lurker.

Top Side:
Temple Audio Duo 24
Seymour Duncan PowerStage 100 Stereo
Digitech Drop
Shure GLXD16+
Dunlop DVP5 Volume (X) 8 Pedal

Underside + Mods:
CIOKS DC7
CIOKS Crux
Custom-cut 1/4" TS cables from Shure > Drop > Quad Cortex
Temple Audio Duo 24 LED Strip
Temple Audio IEC AC Mains Micro Module
Temple Audio XLR Pass Thru Module
Temple Audio 2X MOD 2-way Jack Patch Module

This allows me to run cab sims to FoH/IEM and also a “regular” cab for stage-sound for the people right in front of the stage (these days, it’s typically either a Mesa 2x12 or whatever is in the backline. I can adjust the cab EQ from the PowerStage).

The 2X MOD is plugged into the GLXD16+ so I can plug my guitar directly into the mod if the transmitter fails. I mainly use the GLXD16+ as a mute/signal switcher and tune with the QC. FoH gets the XLR mods from the back. On sparser stages, I also carry a x2 XLR female to x1 XLR male adapter so that I only take up one channel.

The only thing that gets directly plugged into anything on the board are the two speaker cables from the PowerStage. Everything else goes directly to the pedalboard. All cables are routed underneath the board so the top is very clean. RGB strip because I’m a gamer and rainbow throw-up is a lifestyle.

2 Likes

This is mine. I assigned 2 different tasks to expression with switch. I use hybrid mode as scene+stomp. This allows me several options on stage.

• Quad Cortex
  • KH95 Wah
  • Hotone Expression

1 Like

Are most of you just using Velcro or duo lock? Or is there some other less intrusive (ie. sticking something on bottom that is hard to take off later on) means of fixing the QC to a pedalboard? I’ve seen some sort of clamp system in the past for pedals but don’t remember the name or brand.

Do you mean stomptraps? www.stomptrap.com i didn‘t find them for the QC but for my other pedals. And my QC is fixed via special tape on my Ritter Amps Ampbase wich is screwed down on my Looperwerk Pedalboard.

Similar but not exactly that. I seem to recall the clamps being shorter and plastic or composite.

Here’s a couple of photos of things I’ve tried on my own QC journey. After trying the QC in multiple rig configurations, I’ve really come to appreciate just how good the delay and reverb algorithms are. Originally, I thought the QC algorithms weren’t up to Strymon or Meris standards but since putting the QC in my G3 switching rig and running them side by side, I have really grown to respect them.

So much so, I’ve bailed on the big clunky rig for a stripped down setup just using the QC and I’m pretty sure this is all I need.

6 Likes

Pedal train Novo18. Cioks DC7 + Crux.
Perfect for Sundays
(Just recently replaced the “myth drive” with my capture of a Benson germanium preamp. It’s ridiculously good sounding).

(Forgot I updated the pic)

Andy, will you put your Benson capture on the cloud, please? I don’t see it in your profile.

How do you turn on the looper from morningstar?
Do you also have a switch for it on QC or just a midi command? (I haven’t seen a midi command for it on the map)

It’s CC#48. The nice thing is you don’t have to waste assigning it to a switch.

There’s a separate page in the manual for midi messages regarding the looper:

I use #48 on Morningstar to pull up or close the looperX menu so you can change scenes or stomps and then get back into it. The rest of the controls I use the QC once the page is pulled up.

1 Like

Sent it to you :+1:

1 Like