What kind of pedalboard are you guys using?

This one.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTCL2TC--pedaltrain-classic-2-tc-24-inch-by-12.5-inch-pedalboard-with-tour-case

1 Like

Just got my Black and Gold Limited Edition Quad in today. Will be loading it with a few other pedals for a tour on the Boss BCB-1000 travel board. BCB is perfect for travel/Tour. Pics soon!

Just got my Temple Board in. It’s a perfect fit for my needs.

3 Likes

My guitar, my Marshall and that

1 Like

What cables are you using on the XLR outs on the back of the quad cortex? And are those XLR cables that run to another XLR out on the side of the pedalboard? Wasn’t sure if some were using the XLR to 1/4 cable to connect it underneath Thanks!

Who does this? Or did you do it?

Friend of mine does lasercutting for work

1 Like

Rockboard Quad 4.2

2 Likes

What is going on with the cable marked in red coming out of the XLR jack? What is that, and what does it do?

That’s just a TRS to TRS adapter, because I use Output 1 (XLR) to FOH and Output 3 (TRS) to our own IEM Rack Mixer. That way I can apply the global EQ to the FOH signal without affecting the IEM signal for last minute adjustments if e.g. the room is a little bassy or the FOH Engineer is asking for adjustments. The TRS to XLR cable I had at home was to short unfortunately but I also already had the adapter and a longer TRS to TRS cable, so that was the cheapest solution without the need to buy or solder anything :smiley:

Edit: The red electrical tape is just there to provide a better grip for the cable ties to hold in place.

1 Like

@DavidRSTV can you tell me what these are and where to buy them?

In German I found them under the name “klebesockel für kabelbinder” or “Montagesockel für Kabelbinder”… I don’t know the exact name in Englisch but Amazon did bring up the correct ones as I searched for “self-adhesive cable tie bases” :grin::grin:

I actually purchased them through (the German) Amazon too in a pack of 100 pieces, they are pretty cheap but ridiculously useful in a lot of applications :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Awesome! Many thanks!!

Also @DavidRSTV if it’s not asking too much: the protective cover for the QC where did you bought it? I’m looking for one as well.

Zip Tie Mounts w/adhesive backs. Some call them Cable Tie Mounts.
https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Backed-Mounts-Nova-Supply-Professional-Grade/dp/B06XNBS6TG

2 Likes

Got mine from https://www.knkshields.com/
I love it because it is not hold by some kind of double sided adhesive but instead by nuts that go right on the switches threads and the screen part is hold down by magnets for easy access.

1 Like

Updated to fit Morningstar controller. As you can see, I’m not one for neat wiring - function over form.

Morningstar can switch stomps on the QC and activate the looper, as well as controlling patterns on Electron Octatrack (used for synths) and also merging midi signals from the QC with its own for lights via the DoreMidi box in the top right.

1 Like

Nice. Do you mind explaining a bit more about how you use the DOREMIDI MIDI to DMX? What is its signal path here to the MC, and what lights do it control and how?

MC sends midi to QC for some stomps/looper.
QC sends midi back to MC with each scene/patch change. This is merged with midi inside the MC and sent to the Doremidi box.

The Doremidi converts different CC to DMX data which changes preprogrammed chases within the lights.

I might also look at using the MC to convert the midi sent to it from the QC as I will then be able to do more complex lighting changes.

1 Like