I have just received my new QC with the latest software 1.4.1 and it was stuck on and failed to obtain the IP address when trying to connect to WIFI. Have solved it. Before solving it, I tried everything I found here and nothing worked. So I guess there might be a soul in need of help with the same trouble. What solved the situation was RESETTING THE WIFI ROUTER (what you connect your mobiles, computers, etc. to) TO ITS FACTORY SETTINGS!
After I did that, all worked almost instantly perfectly.
Hope this post will help somebody, if so, just write a comment confirming that : )
Enjoy the greatest product of all time!