Toggle Multiple Blocks with 1 Switch in Stomp Mode

This is really useful to toggle between a clean and a dirty amp or amp/cab combos in Stomp Mode. I use this on the majority of my patches in Helix.

Being able to toggle a splitter with a footswitch would get the job done too, however I think it would use more DSP where both amps/cabs would be ‘on’ at the same time.

You can get similar results using scenes, but I use stomp mode most of the time and use a MIDI controller to switch scenes.

I was shocked when I noticed this wasn’t an option. +1

3 Likes

Wow. That’s brilliant.

I was thinking it would be great when I turned on the Nuvibes, to also have an EQ kick on to clean and boost the signal too.

1 Like

That’s awesome and exactly the type of use I’m talking about.

1 Like

This has always been an important feature on my Helix. I tend to use a template with separate paths, with different blocks on each. I switch paths using Snapshots/Scenes, alternating between odds for one path and evens for the other. Each stomp button toggles a block in each path, but only one is in the active path. This enables me to get 16 effects using only 8 stomp buttons, and still gives me 4 Snapshot/Scenes for each path.

1 Like

I think this post is requesting the same thing and has 45 votes…if it is then the ten from here would push it up the list…if I’m wrong, I apologize. Toggle Multiple Blocks with 1 Switch in Stomp Mode - #2 by UglyBunny

1 Like

It is definitely in the same ball park. Basically, these two threads are asking:

A stomp switch can be assigned to any number of blocks and can engage or disengage that block (depending on its current state). This would allow toggling between amps, turning on/off both L/R sides of a chorus/reverb/whatever with 1 STOMP assignment.

This is different than SCENE mode because it allows for far more flexibility within the eight STOMP switches. For instance, I might use switches 1-4 for parts of a song or amp types, but use the other 4 switches to toggle effect variations while in ANY of those ‘scenes’ in switches 1-4.

OR, like others have said, using 1-stomp switch (as an A/B toggle) between two amps, etc is working toward the same goal. That, in itself, would free up a Stomp switch entirely. I would never need anything but STOMP mode if this were the case.

Adding more flexibility to the STOMP mode would eliminate the need for SCENE mode altogether, at least for me.

1 Like

I noticed the two threads being very similar. I voted in both. I think a lot of the votes will be duplicates.

I use stomp mode the most, because expression assignment is wonky with scene mode. I got used to using both modes with the HX stomp, but can make do with one or the other provided they are reliable and versatile enough.

I’m hoping the hybrid mode makes it in the next update. I know that would be better for my needs, but the ability to assign multiple blocks to one stomp would be a game changer for me

1 Like

Ok, so I just noticed they merged the two lol. It appears I may have been the only duplicate :rofl:

Good news is there are 59 votes! Maybe this can happen :sunglasses:

1 Like

heheh I’m vote #69
But in all seriousness, this would be a great feature. Paul Davids from youtube even had a video mentioning it

I think a key implementation detail is allowing the block state to be inverted relative to the state of the footswitch. That’s the magic that would let you activate one block and deactivate another with the same switch push.

1 Like

This is one feature I miss from my Kemper foot control days. You could have one button turn on or off several things at once.

I’ve build a couple nice stereo rigs on the QC with different amps on the left and right. And different delays and verbs on each side. It would be nice to be able to turn both delays or verbs on and off at the same time.

Exactly what I mean! +1

Yep, this is how I gigged for years with both Helix and Kemper Floor. For me its way more flexible than Scenes. Scenes lock you in to a limited number of options. Multi-assigning foot switches gives you more flexibility. For example lets say for a solo you like to add volume, delay and change the EQ. One footswitch should be able to do all that. Now the rest of my foot switches are Mods and Pitch options. I use my own pedals for overdrive, so, this way I can really change the flavor of a solo by picking my od pedal, mods, and step on the button giving me delay, eq and volume. Yes, its similar to using Scenes, but this is way more flexible. I feel with Scenes, I pretty much need 1 scene per song. Using the Helix or Kemper, I could cover 75% of the set list (Cover band) with one Preset. Then Id have a few Presets for songs like 7 Nation Army that need a one off Whammy, or something similar.

1 Like

This functionality was added in CorOS 1.4.0.

4 Likes