Assign Splitter in A/B mode to stomp

It would be very useful (if not a game changer) if we could assign the splitter in A/B mode as a stomp in stomp mode.

This would allow to toggle between 2 signal path with one stomp.
This would bring a lot of flexibility to the Stomp Mode.

Summary:
Split the signal, in the splitter set it to A/B
Have a box to assign to stomp.
If assign to stomp A=-0.0Db B=Off (bypass path B)
If stomp is hit: A=Off, B=-0.0Db (Bypass path A)
Hit to switch between A and B.

This would mean you could have the same effect (Drive, comp, modulation, delay) to use with 2 distinct sets of Amp/Cabs/reverb in stomp mode for example.

Agreed, I’d step this up one level and ask that allow any block parameter to be assignable to a stomp with a min/max value. This is how I used my Helix. With the QC, I need to use scene mode until it has a feature like this.

currently the splitter is not even a block… so not assignable!

YES! I was just about to start a feature request for this exact topic. Seems easy enough to implement, where 1 footswitch can toggle between two amps or whatever.

Agreed, This would be great, currently you can do it if you assign it to an expression pedal. I dont want want to lose 1 of the 2 exp pedals for this purpose, but a button (of the 8) would be awesome. I would use it for a 2 amp switch system.

1 Like

Yes, an A/B assignable switch to be able to
effectively switch channels would be great

1 Like

I have something like this working now. IF you don’t mind purchasing an external switch to use as an expression pedal (I’m using the Boss Dual Foot Switch for this) placing the 2 amps on separate paths using the switch to A/B between the 2. I works well…the QC is a little slow when switching…not sure why that is other than loading time? I’m using switch B for a boost.

IF I could figure out how to upload a pict…I’d show y’all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As it has been a year since the last comment in here… Is this possible now?

It’s not implemented yet, but depending on how you are splitting things if all you care about is flipping between two amps (and keeping the rest of the chain the same pre-post) you can now do that with the multi-stomp assignment. Just assign the same stomp to both amp blocks and then toggle one of them to the bypassed state - pressing the stomp again will toggle them again (enabling the bypassed one, bypassing the enabled one) and now you have amp switching on a single stomp which seemed to be the goal mentioned here a lot. It’s also far faster/immediate vs altering the splitter path mix.

2 Likes

This is great, why didn’t I think of this myself! Thanks a lot!

You can also do gapless switching between different amp blocks using scenes.

Absolutely needed. My (old) BOSS-GT-1000 had this function. It was absolutely essential.