Sweetwater

I ordered mine in October it’s going to be here on Friday.
2 weeks ago I got a ESP Jeff Hanneman Signature Series Custom Shop (kiso).

I’ve been playing private party’s and I’ve been using my Positive Grid Spark amp playing Andy James, Panos and Yngwie stuff.
I will say that Spark amp sounds incredible.

I’m preying this QC is going to sound even better.

2 Likes

I think it will sound great! Anywhere it is immediately lacking will be improved with updates. I believe that this hardware will be able to compete with the FX3 within a year. Neural just needs the time to improve. Their tone is already as good as Fractal’s. Their plug-ins prove that. I’m more interested to see where this is in a year than how it is going to sound when I get it Wednesday.

3 Likes

Well, I think there is a fire breathing dragon that lives inside this thing! It should have came with some complimentary aloe vera, because the Diezel VH4 channel, and the 5150III RED channels almost melted my face off!!!

3 Likes

Sorry you feel like you got burned by the purchase. :worried:

:wink:

3 Likes

Burned indeed!!!

3 Likes

Got mine yesterday. I’ll be honest I’m on the fence at the moment about keeping it.
I’m going to still give it some time though and keep playing.

1 Like

@D20 Since you’re being real in your answer, I will shoot from the hip as well. I LOVE the amp tones on this thing. They absolutely trash Helix and are arguably as good, if not better than Kemper. Where this system lacks is its effects. Some of the effects almost blanket the tone. Getting comfortable and familiar will also take some time. I am wanting compare that aspect with my Helix, which isn’t fair to the QC. I know my through a HELIX with my eyes closed. Is that because they are easy to navigate, or is that because I have had YEARS playing with it?
I think what this system needs is time. In 12-18 months, I believe we will see this thing really start to unlock its full potential.
If you do decide to use it at church, let me know how it does live (as I believe you were the guy who said you were using live at church).

2 Likes

Yes I agree with what you said in your statement. Just for reference I have tried quite a few modelers and always go back to fractal stuff. That’s just my opinion though and where I can easily get great tones from the start. As of right now I’m not sure I’m going to try to use it live. I just am not happy with what my tones are sounding like at the moment. I’ll most likely use my AX8.

1 Like

I will get an FX3 before long. Everyone keeps saying that Fractal is “in a world of their own” as far as tone is concerned. I have never got to hear one live, so that has been my only hesitancy.

1 Like

I just heard from my SW rep a little while ago. He said that SW’s 1st shipment from Neural was 500 units (already read that somewhere) and the 2nd shipment from Neural is supposed to be 800 units (which would make 1300 total 1st batch + 2nd batch). I’ve been suspect of how many actually get shipped vs what is expected to this point…but since I ordered on 12/29, that at least gives me a little hope of having mine in the 2nd shipment. As far as “when” SW expects to receive their 2nd batch, he didnt know other than to say he hoped they would arrive sometime next week depending on what happens once they hit shipping. Prior to this, I got very little information on the “when” details from him, so I feel this information is at least worth sharing now for SW customers still waiting for theirs…

2 Likes

Someone gave you incorrect information. The first batch to SW was 500 which was correct, the second batch is 280 units and that is being shipped soon or has been shipped to SW. The first batch covered October to mid-December, you will likely be covered in the next batch of 280. I ordered early March so I assume I am in batch 4/5 depending on the number of units actually sent. I imagine I will see mine in late May to early June etc.

1 Like

I ordered on the 19th of December and this is inline with what I was told by my rep. I would be surprised if I mine is not a part of the 2nd shipment.

Yes, you should be covered as I can’t image there were 280 orders within approx 10 days :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

I can sure see why this rollout is such a mess. I repeated back to him… you mean 800 more units and not 300 more (i.e. 500 + 300) and he said 800 new units. You would think as high a profile as this product has become, that SW would insist on having their entire sales staff consistent on the information they give out. 280 sounds much more reasonable expectation to me. Thanks for your update.

2 Likes

And keep in mind I am only quoting what Doug of NDSP has indicated on the forums. I am amazed at the differences between of what has been stated from one sales rep to another. I did ask Doug just a bit ago if he expected to ramp up the numbers or will they be consistent around 280 for future shipments and will update once I get a reply.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been bugging my SW Rep, but erroneously said in an earlier post that I ordered in November. I ordered mine on 12/22. Hopefully I’m in the 280 shipment. I live about a 4 hour drive from South Bend Indiana, where SW is.

The wait has been incredibly frustrating. I know it will be worth it. Thanks for sharing updated information!

1 Like

4 hours south of sweetwater??! Well hello from Vincennes IN neighbor

1 Like

I got a call from my SW rep today. I been pestering him weekly. He said they have a return that’s in new condition if I want it. I was due in the scecond batch ( I ordered in January) but I snagged it. Saved $175 because it’s an open box return. He said they thoroughly checked it out so why not. Get it now and save some money.

5 Likes

Hi neighbor as well! I’m in Indy. My order was 12/29, so I’m hoping for the next batch. I drive by Fort Wayne a lot (Sweetwater location), so I let my rep know that I can do my own same-day delivery as to not burden FedEx :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Paulie Hey my man! Good to have you here! I think everyone here is from the midwest!!!

1 Like