Spiked Sound Switching from a Clean to Light OD Scene

Hey guys and cheers from NYC.

First time I’ve encountered this:

Got a clean scene (nice title for a tune or preset) using a Princeton (Vol about 11:00) with a Chief Comp at about 11:00 sustain. Switch over to my captured Timmy (light OD) scene which is at the same volume level and there’s a noticeable blip spiked sound between the scenes.

I subbed the stock Blues Driver for the Timmy and had the same issue. Matched the volume of the amp and muted the comp: same issue.

Any thoughts?

HI @gitapik , I would recommend emailing support@neuraldsp.com and they will likely have you send logs and the preset you are using to diagnose the issues.

1 Like

Could be your delay settings changing between scenes if you have one set up.

Try disabling blocks one by one between scenes to see which one is causing the blip. Once you find the block causing the blip you can narrow it down to the parameter (my guess would be delay time).

1 Like

Have you uploaded the preset? we could check it out if so.
I seem to recall trails on delays causing this kind of issue, even if the delay was bypassed

1 Like

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies.

It’s not the delay. I even took it out of the chain (and didn’t save the change) and it didn’t make a difference.

I’m checking out the way I set levels, now. Got a funk comp part in there which isn’t used w my Timmy or Real Tube captures. I changed some amp settings to equalize the volume. Going to see if that’s the problem, next.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I’m having the exact same issue. Switching scenes in setlist mode from a clean tone to dirty and back gives me a huge volume spike (blip). Need to be able to figure this out, can’t have that while gigging. I’m a new QC owner for context.

do you mean something like this:

1 Like

Yes! I went back and forth with their service rep over email. They suggested some BS configuration work around instead of just taking ownership to realize it’s an improvement that needs to be programmed. They didn’t like me saying that too much. No more responses. This and the pitch shift is so amateur.

1 Like

I found the same issue on several devices, listed in this topic:

Chief DS1, Watt D103, Bogna Uber Lead - noise issue

Support was able to replicate the issue, but has not yet classified it as a bug as they are evaluating whether it can be considered acceptable or not…maybe the solution isn’t that simple?

1 Like