Assistance Needed: Issue with Raw Guitar DI Sound in Overdriven Scene

Hello,

Last night, I was in the process of setting up my input and output levels on the Quad Cortex for my Suhr Limited Edition Modern Terra guitar equipped with DSH Bridge, V63 Middle, and DSV Neck pickups. After adjusting the levels and dialing in my lead tone, I noticed an unexpected problem. When I played my lead tone with a more aggressive attack, particularly on the bridge pickup, I began to hear what I can best describe as the raw guitar DI chiming through, layered beneath the intended overdriven amp tone. Strangely, this issue seemed to be less noticeable on the neck pickup.

I had not experienced this problem before and found it especially pronounced after readjusting my input and output levels. I’m incredibly pleased with the amp tone I’ve developed, but the presence of the raw DI guitar tone when I dig into the strings has been detracting from the overall quality of my sound. The problem appears to be related to the interaction between my playing dynamics and the overdriven scene.

Could you please provide guidance on how to rectify this issue? I have thoroughly enjoyed using the Quad Cortex and am keen to make the most of its capabilities. Any insight or steps you can provide to help me troubleshoot and resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I eagerly await your response.

Best regards,

could you upload and share the preset you’re working with, or at least a photo of it-

when DI signal is leaking thru it’s usually because it’s routed somewhere in the signal chain. In your case it may not be audible till your dynamics make it so, but it might actually always be there, just kind of ducked under the main tone. If that’s the case we should be able to find the culprit by looking at the preset.