Small Interface for controlling Monitors in addition to the QC

Hey Folks!

I need some suggestions for an audio interface for controlling monitor levels.

At the moment i use the Quad Cortex as my interface, which works great. But everytime i hear some podcasts or just wanna listen to music through my focal monitors i need to switch on the QC which is kinda annoying.

So i need a small minimalistic interface with no fancy in or outputs as i’ll still use the QC for recording.

Are there any good interfaces for that purpose?
The EVO 4 and Komplete Audio 2 looking pretty decent to me for what i want to do with it. Are there better options?

Since you’re using the QC for your recording interface, what about a monitor controller that has digital inputs like the current version of the Mackie Big Knob?

1 Like

My first thought was getting a monitor controller but that means that i still have to turn on the QC everytime i want to hear music and stuff right?

I use the Presonus Audiobox Go.
Small, affordable and also compatible with mobile devices.
Seem like a good fit for your needs…

1 Like

This one looks great! Thanks for that suggestion i’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Most monitor controllers have at least a couple sets of inputs. I think the biggest version of the Big Knob has 4 stereo inputs plus a couple USB. I have an old, all analog BK. I have a CD player, a laptop, my Focusrite interface and a rack mixer all connected. It also has trim controls for each source, to balance levels. It’s feeding a set of JBL and a set of KRK monitors. I know there are more pristine controllers out there but it was mosestly priced and has worked flawlessly for 20 years or more.

1 Like

That might be a solution too! thanks for the suggestions i’ll check this thing out!

There are lots of offerings out there, from $150 to over $3000. I hope you find something that meets your needs. Happy hunting!

1 Like