Screen protector

Just received my Cortex which is great! But it doesn’t come with a screen protector. Like with mobile phones or any apparatus with a LCD screen I would like it to be protected for scratches which otherwise will occur for sure.

Which tempered glass screenprotector can be found for the Cortex?

Chad Boston of GearByCeba.com will be selling screen protectors and skins for the QC very soon.

2 Likes

Skeen sells screen protectors for about 7 or 8 bucks, however their site kind of scares me, it’s like they are hungry for my personal info in a way. Anyway I don’t have a QC, when I had the chance to get one I just overlooked the unit and now I realize that I made a big mistake. I’ll try to get one before the year ends though.

1 Like

Skeen are real nice. I have one waiting. The Goofy flip up thing by Chad Boston looks like a joke to me. It might be good in a bar possibly but I personally think it’s dumb.

1 Like

You could also get a tablet protector. Look for approximate size. I have trimmed a few for other devices. A good straight edge and the come out nice.

2 Likes

How did you get on with the Skeen one?

That Skeen protector sounds interesting. Do you have a link? Thanks!

I got the SKEEN protector last week. Easy install and works great. They also sent 2 which I nice.

https://web.skeen-music.de/en/

5 Likes

Is the touch sensitivity of the QC screen still good with protector installed?

1 Like

I forgot the screen protector was on my QC :grin:

1 Like

Same here, I’m also a happy customer of Skeen.
No problems with the touchscreen.

3 Likes

I couldn’t find a source for Skeen in the US. Thanks to @markdonatelli for providing a link in the UK. Anyone have one for the US?

In the meantime, I have been looking at inexpensive plastic options available on Amazon that allow you to trim the screen to the QC’s dimensions. Would prefer to purchase one that just fit properly though. Btw, how well do the Skeen protectors perform in sunlight?

I bought the “Universal Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Samsung LG Tablet” from eBay. Size 153x85 mm. It works great.

3 Likes

Hi ,
I bought the SKEEN screens too. Site scared me at first too, but for the price couldn’t resist trying!

And not disappointed at all. Fits great and touch screen keeps working great!

1 Like

Thank you for the tip! I just ordered one. :slight_smile:

aren´t plastic screen protectors more durable? why go for a tempered glass one?

it´s pretty expensive as well… and the real vulnerable spot is the screen, the rest of the qc is pretty well built.

Keep in mind the screen is essentially some variation of ‘Gorilla Glass’ and it’s been stress-tested vigorously. Of all the issues I’ve heard about, no one has ever had trouble with the screen.
Still, never hurts to be cautious

1 Like

AliExpress have the right size. (153 x 85 mm)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33021168045.html

2 Likes

Why risk it? I can confirm SKEEN are good and unnoticeable. A small price to pay for a little piece of mind. I also have a laser cut perspex cover for rowdier shows.

2 Likes