Scenes parameter on/off not saving

Hi new QC user here,
I was setting up a scene in hybrid mode and noticed that when I wanted to turn off an amp or fx pedal in the scene these changes were not saving across the scenes.
I set the on/off button of the fx pedal to scene mode with the 4 little squares visible, I then turn off the pedal in that scene, however when I leave the scene and return to that scene it has not saved this change. The same with an amp block that I want to turn off.
I go through each scene turning desired on or off, but each time I return to each scene , the fx or amp return back on.

Does this not auto save?
Do you have to click the floppy disk each time you want to save a on/off parameter change?

Thanks in advance

For presets, if you change parameters within a scene and don’t save them, when you switch presets you would lose those settings but you could always rely on undo/redo as well. But best to save changes when completing

Check out Scene Bypass State Behavior in the settings menu.

1 Like

Cool I’ll check that out thanks

That fixed the issue thanks :pray:

1 Like

Hi all -

I’m having a heck of a time saving scenes. I’ve currently got two rows with two different amp/effect setups and I’m trying to make it so that scene A is row 1 everything on/row 2 off, and scene B is row 1 off/row 2 on. I’m doing everything I can think of to assign the different blocks in row 1 to scene A and 2 to scene B, but whenever I tap the footswitches to change scenes, nothing happens. Whatever I’ve got on at the moment stays on, and vice versa.

I’m obviously missing something here, anyone have any thoughts what it might be? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Anything in here that you’re missing?

Also, “Scene Bypass State Behavior” in Settings can impact whether on/off bypass settings persist after you make changes.

While in Scene mode, are you holding the active/inactive button until the “ABCD” square appears next to it (indicating that it’s scene assignable)?

That was it, I was trying to long-press on the block and not the parameter(s), in my case the on/off setting.

Thank you, and it proves that just because I went to college it doesn’t mean I’m smart all the time :slight_smile: :laughing:

I figured it out with help below, but I’ll have to look at this as well. Scenes can get complex, I need to play around with them a lot more. Thanks for the help, tho!

2 Likes

No need for self-deprecation. We all miss little details from time to time, even us barely-made-it-through-high-school types. :wink: Glad that solved it!