Scene Revert Feature

It would be awesome to have the scene revert feature as in Axe Fx 3/FM3. If I am in scene 1 and I go to stomp mode to switch on for example the drive, I would like to come back to the scene mode, select my scene as I saved it without the stomp switched on. Thanks!!!

+1

It would be important to have the possibility to have that choice!

1 Like

+1

Would vote for that too !

Itā€™s really a missing things to handle in a show to switch between scene and stomp mode

+1 Was just about to create a new Thread for this but found this post! Very much needed!

As a former AX8 user I was also preparing to open a thread about this crucial issue. It would not be a big problem if I engage just one stomp i.e. drive on a clean scene and bypass it to turn to initial sound of the scene. However if I gradually add stomps on current scene for ex drive then delay then octaves and ultimately wanna turn back to my initial scene state, it would be pain in the a** (tap dance quickly) without this scene revert option.

We need it :slight_smile:
Best wishes.

This feature actually now exists as of CoreOS 2.1 (*maybe even 2.0). You need to go into settings and select the Scene Bypass Behavior option and pick one of the two options that isnā€™t the default. Personally I have it so that if I change it from the touchscreen it sticks, but otherwise it does not.

1 Like

I am now using the second option which is not default, but as I tried them all, it did not work as I expected. Let me give a try again.

As soon as I have arrived home, I have tried the three options on settings. NOPE none of them solves the issue. They only change the behavior of scene saving. At best, you add stomps to a scene while playing, and go to another scene and when returning to the initial scene, it is as you have saved it at the beginning. What I am asking for is that I want to turn to my initial scene state without changing the current scene.

Scenario is too clear:
You have CLEAN amp scene A without any FX.
You switch to stomp mode and add Drive, Chorus, delay successively.
And with one press you want to come back to your initial CLEAN amp without effects engaged.
Just pressing Scene A switch should do the task. (which does not happen with current firmware)
Fractal AX8 does exactly this as I exemplified.

The following applies to when you have the third ā€˜Scene Bypass State Behaviorā€™ selected, ā€œDo not overwrite bypass state when changing bypass by any method.ā€,. Changing some stomps in stomp mode, then changing back to scene mode, selecting another scene, and then coming back to the scene where you changed the stompsā€™ bypass states, will return the scene to its last saved state. The same behavior applies if you are using stomps/scenes in hybrid mode. That certainly is a lot of switches to accomplish the desired behavior.

Not really an issue for me btw, as I use my QC in hybrid mode and donā€™t need a scene to return to its last saved state until I have switched away from the current scene, and then back. Which is how it currently works for me.

I guess what you are asking for is twofold. The first feature request might be an option where just hitting the scene switch for the current scene would return it back to its last saved state. I think this option might get a lot of use. Handy in scene or hybrid mode.

A second feature request might be to have the act of switching from stomp to scene mode automatically return the scene to its default. Not sure how much use this option would receive. I would not generally want it to behave that way.

I suspect the second feature request would be less used, but I might use the first one.

This is exactly what I mention. I used it a lot on my AX8. A great and quick helper on stage. The aim of these digital devices should be to free us from many complicated tasks just by pressing as minimum as possible switches I guess/hope.

1 Like

The whole feature request can be summed up to this right here. I imagine that this would be a good fit for a lot of users.

2 Likes