“When recalling scenes, reset stomp state to scene default.”?

Hi all,

When using hybrid mode with scenes and stomp, is it possible when I’ve added certain stomp pedals on the fly to a scene can I then press the original scene button to restore it to its default state without the fx pedals?

I can’t seem to find this?

For example you want to add a couple of fx pedals on the fly to any pre saved scene then remove them with one press by re selecting the original scene foot switch rather than having to turn off each stomp pedal?

This makes it a lot easier in a live situation.

Or can this function be added?

Thanks

That is not currently a feature on the QC. It’s a feature sort of on Helix. You can have certain stomps reset their bypass when you switch to a new scene/snapshot. BUT next time you hit the scene they were engaged in, they’ll be engaged again.

They’ll only actually reset the independent stomps when you reload the preset itself. Stomps you press independent of the scene do not reset when you re press the scene.

Hi
Yes I noticed that if you move to a new scene then return to the previous scene this will revert to the default settings of that scene.

I had a ground control midi system years back and that did this type of switching which reset the scene (preset) each time you re pressed the scene (preset) FS. Was very useful live and made sense.

Thanks
Nick

Hopefully this is a feature that Neural will add in a later update. It’s less to think about when in a live situation.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t3:

I also would like to see this implemented.

Just rephrasing, here’s what I would like to have:
“When recalling scenes, reset stomp state to scene default.”

This could even be a config toggle either by preset or general.
If we had that config toggled to YES, whenever changing between scenes, stomp state would be reset to scene default.
If we had that config toggled to NO, stomp state is not changed when changing between scenes (current behavior).

A little example:
I’m using hybrid mode with scenes and stomp
I have a preset with a Delay block.
Scenes A and B have the Delay off, scenes C and D have the Delay on.

A few possible scenarios:

1. I’m using scene A. I press the stomp to turn the Delay on.
    I switch to scene B. Delay should be now off, because that’s the saved stated for the scene.

2. I’m using scene C. I press the stomp to turn the Delay off.
    I switch to scene D. Delay should now be on, because that’s the saved stated for the scene.

3. I’m using scene A. I press the stomp to turn the Delay on.
    I press the scene A switch. Delay should be now off, because that’s the saved stated for the scene.

4. I’m using scene C. I press the stomp to turn the Delay off.
    I press the scene C switch. Delay should now be on, because that’s the saved stated for the scene.

2 Likes

Yes 100%.

“When recalling scenes, reset stomp state to scene default.”

That’s the phrasing.

This would be a very useful option to have :+1::+1:

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @Nik1.

Maybe you could edit the topic subject and change it to “When recalling scenes, reset stomp state to scene default.”
It could grab more people’s attention and potentially more votes for the feature request.

And thanks for starting the discussion!

1 Like

Ok no problem…I’ve done that now :+1:

1 Like