Scene copy functon in v2.0 does not work when using the new "Scene bypass state behavior" option 2-3 Do not overwrite bypass

CorOS Version: 2.0

Describe your issue:
Scene copy functon in v2.0 does not work when using the new “Scene bypass state behavior” option 2-3 Do not overwrite bypass

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Step 1 - Set Scene bypass state behavior to option 2 or 3
  2. Step 2 - select “Copy Scene …”
  3. Step 3 - press Scene destination footswitch …

I expected this to happen:
The scene to be copied from the current scene to the respective selected scene regardless of the Scene bypass state behavior setting.

I have tried the following things:
Setting the scene bypass state behavior to "Always Overwrite bypass state (default) is the only way to make edits and allow scene copies. You need to change to the other scene bypass states after all changes are final. This is not a very efficient workflow especially if you need to make changes live.

If I’m interpreting the use case incorrectly, I’m happy to be proven wrong, the user manual does not have enough detail outlining the caveats when using this mode. The scene bypass state was one of my wish-list features it just seems to be an unusual implementation of the feature. Competing products seem to have managed this better, using a recall scene state or scene ignore on blocks.

1 Like