Scene Ignore

Forgive me if this has been asked already but does the QC have scene ignore for blocks? What I mean is if I turn on/off a Stomp via the footswitch I want it to ignore scene changes. I know that if I double tap on it from the touch screen it will but this doesn’t work great live.

hi, if I understand the question .
you just need to select the scene to edit, turn on/off the components. rinse / repeat on all the other scenes .

Example:
Scene A you have overdrive - amp - cab all enabled.
Selet scene B turn off the overdrive pedal.
Then when you go back to Scene A, th overdrive will be enabled, switch back to Scene B, you will see the overdrive off

1 Like

Page 14 Manual.

Go to Settings (Device Options) and click on “Scene Bypass State Behavior”: (Controls whether changes to the bypass state of a block in Scene Mode are automatically saved to the active Scene)

1 Like

It would be better if Neural used terms like “retain” and “discard”, similar to the Line 6 stuff. Using “saved” is confusing. Although they specify the bypass state is automatically saved to a scene, nothing is actually saved. Although I haven’t tested them extensively, in the current firmware, I think the bypass options only retain/discard the bypass behavior between scenes, not “save” it. I believe you still have to also do an explicit save of the preset.

If you modified a block’s bypass state in a previous scene, the QC’s bypass options determine whether any bypass states you modified are retained or discarded when you switch away from (and potentially back to) a scene, Additionally, the bypass options can handle bypass changes differently depending on whether they were done via footswitch or touch screen.

I live in Scene Mode 99% of the time. What I’m trying to do is turn on a pitch block to drop tune for certain songs. I want that block to stay on or off when changing scenes but that’s the only block I want to behave like that. I want all the other blocks to follow scenes. The choices in “Scene Bypass State Behavior” do not seem to cover this. Maybe I’ll have to look again. I don’t have the QC in front of me.

Scene Bypass State Behavior is a global setting. There’s [currently] not a way to have the setting you want on one block only.

I had a feeling. Thanks for responding.

I don’t have the QC here but I think that, on stomp mode, you can program a footswitch to enable/disable multiple blocks.

Of course this is not as powerful as Scenes (on Scenes you can alter parameters per block besides turning on/off) but maybe you can achieve something in Stomp Mode?