Recovery Mode - factory reset

Any one know how can i do Hard reset without using touchscreen.
Ran into a problem, started creating a preset and the device hung, since then the touchscreen has stopped working. Regular hard reset involves pressing it, because the buttons do not respond (and this is extremely inconvenient, why couldn’t the answers be tied to buttons?)

Have you tried power cycling your QC? If so and touch-screen still is not working, email support@neuraldsp.com and they will assist you in resetting the QC.

Sure, in fact, what I just didn’t do, turned it off with disconnected cables, tried to wait a day, etc.

To make it more understandable for everyone who doesn’t know what the flash screen is, you hold down the A and H footswitch at the same time just when the screen on the device begins to light up. You want to wait until you begin to see that screen to press down for 6 seconds. When the Quad is first turned on the footswitches will all blink on and off a few times, then the screen begins to light up, that is when you want to do it. There will be a horizontal line that appears on the screen in the middle and green will start to appear on that line going from left to right.

1 Like

If I buy QC second hand should I Recovery Mode or Reset Setting? Thank You

Recovery mode offers two options - ‘Reset Settings’ and ‘Factory Reset’.

You may not want to use recovery mode at all. Just make sure that CoreOS and Cortex Control are up to date. If you do want to reset the device and start from scratch you can use one of the two recovery selections.

If you want to retain any presets or captures from the previous owner, select the ‘Reset Settings’ option after initiating recovery mode.

If you want to reset the device to factory, the state it might be in when initially purchased, then use the ‘Factory Reset’ option. This will erase all user data including any downloaded presets or captures by the previous owner.