Quad Cortex Wish List

I suppose that it will proportionally adjust all output volumes, the balance of which will be set in the panel called by swiping from the top of the screen. But that’s just a guess

Hopefully the big volume knob can be free assigned to the Volume of the FRFR. To Change the volume for the FOH I don’t need such a big knob…

1 Like

Hopefully the big volume knob can be free assigned to the Volume of the FRFR. To Change the volume for the FOH I don’t need such a big knob…

Exactly, those were my thoughts too. Otherwise it would be horror for the FOH technician.

Swipe down from top
I/O screen appears touch the XLR LR
And turn the encoder below to adjust level hit save

Hi Sean, I know that. I am not entirely clear how I can protect this set level from being influenced by the volume potentiometer to the left of the display or how I can assign certain outputs to this potentiometer. There is no “Lock Level” or vice versa “Assign to Level Pot” switch.

1 Like

Activation of bluetooth on QC

In one of the first videos, @Doug said that the Wi-Fi module in the device also supports bluetooth, and that they can activate it if necessary. And a couple of days ago I stumbled upon an awesome reason to do this:

Great midi controller: good solid body, 2 expression pedals, bluetooth, fantastic flexibility, 300 hours of battery life. It will be very cool to connect this device without wires or additional receiver.

6 Likes

More signal meters needed

On the I/O panel, in addition to controls, it is also necessary to place signal meters, which will greatly simplify the selection of gain for each input and output

4 Likes

I’d love to see that across the signal chain itself, maybe a little red-yellow-green bar above each block so we can easily identify clipping issies.

1 Like

Amps:
Park 75
Bray 4550 / Really, really, really need a convincing (TopJimi-level) Van Halen I Brown Sound
Fender Vibroverb
Orange Rockerverb 50
Vox 1965 AC10 SRT — using 7189 tubes instead of EL84 per Doug & Pat Show
Divided by 13 BTR23
Mesa Mark V: 25
Trainwreck
'64 Gibson Skylark Tremolo

Effects:
Echoplex
MXR '74 Phase 90
Mr Black Supermoon/Eclipse

1 Like

ENVELOPE FILTER

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Something went wrong and my post was gone :pleading_face:
I don’t think it was considered spam…But one way or another, let’s restore justice :grin:
I believe that horizontal meters above blocks have a slight drawback, they are difficult to estimate the relative change in loudness between blocks. All the same, it is better to have vertical meters, they show well how the volume changes from block to block:
QC - monitoring_2
I also think that the meters should not always be visible, since they have some computational load, but the clipping indicators in the form of red dots should always be displayed, regardless of whether the monitoring mode is enabled or not.

• I think the best place to activate the monitoring mode is the button on the block editing panel. This is handy when creating and editing chains, also in case of detecting clipping using the dot indicator, you will need to open this panel.
  • the clipping indicators should reset when monitor mode is turned off.
  • It is important to add a reset button at the top of the screen, because even with the correct setting of the levels, occasionally there are signal bursts that can be neglected, but they light up the indicators and opening the edit panel to reset will be somewhat tedious

6 Likes

Amps:

Fender VibroKing (and the 3x10 cab)
Princeton Reverb

Foot switches have to be assignable per patch. It would also be nice to be able to send midi cc and pc with a footswitch.

Functionality like the Boss GT-1000 “stompbox” or Fractal global blocks.

Finally, meters, meters everywhere!

Hey I think I saw this somewhere, but can’t find it anymore.
Is there a sort of hybrid mode?
Like I could assign preset to top row of switch, and stomps (from the chosen preset)
to the bottom row?
I personally rarely need to change more than 4 stomp in a song, but having 4 preset and then being able to use the stomps in them would make live play quite easy.

I guess I could just re-create a scene with the stomp activated and then switch, but I feel it’d be more natural (and fun) to still have stomps.

Now if I was correct and it does exists, can anyone point to me where I saw that?

Yes

https://neuraldsp.com/blogs/news/we-have-reverbs-march-2020-quad-cortex-development-update

1 Like

I knew I saw this somewhere ! Thank you Alec
PS to NDSP: this is GREAT

I started a thread on this, but maybe it is good to also capture here as well? Maybe Neural and others would be more likely to see it here?

If anything counts for me in this whole story is ready tweaked tone for stage as I am used from my amps and for the most part from my Kempers. Plug in and play. Maybe a bit of amp EQ but nothing more. Period. I don’t give anything on “tweakability”. I almost tweaked myself to death in the past with the helix and, YES guys, fractal products. So, please, just make those modelled and captured amp sounds as live ready as possible (a real amp is always “live ready”). If anybody should tweak them its neural, not the user. I mean, the modeled amps and their behavior are clearly the tones to imitate 100%, right?

That’s my first and second wish on my list. The third is great drives and reverbs. That’s it.

2 Likes

Please, please don’t forget the Doom/Sludge/Stoner people.
That could be a unique selling proposition.

Amps:

• Matamp GT 120 or GT1
  • Orange OR 120
  • Sunn Model-T
  • Sunn Beta Lead
  • Verellen Meat Smoke
  • Hiwatt DR103
  • Laney AOR
  • Sound City 120

Pedals:

• a good Big Muff model to dial in all the loved variants:
    * Green Russian
    * Black Russian
    * Rams Head
    * Violet Ram
    * Triangle
    * Op-Amp Version
    * …

• Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz

• Univox Super-Fuzz

• Octaver which also works for riffing

6 Likes

I love the Ableton Saturator. Is something similar planned for the QC? :slight_smile:

• reverse delay
  • reverse reverb
  • stutter/hold glitch
  • filter type ‘glitch reverb’ aka Empress beer mode/ CBA Dark World
  • ability to control effects via dynaics eg envelope follower block
  • use touchscreen to set waveforms/step sequences for phaser, trem etc
  • +1 for echorec delay
  • +1 for digitech freqout style effect
2 Likes