Quad Cortex Wish List

This looks cool, but honestly I would prefer if much more simply we could import track wirelessly on to the looper, to jam on. So you could build - probably much more easily - your drum track through your favorite drum sampler and just send the rendering to the QC, then jam along.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this is almost impossible, because this function needs to be implemented not only on the QC side, but also in your favorite drum machine, this is a question for the developers of each sampler, they just wonā€™t give a damn about the QC. But you can create drums in your favorite program, save them in MIDI and send it to QC

2 Likes

i actually agree, i just bought drum library modern og massive + midi groove from GGD, i am totally new to all this, daw, midi, making music, i know nothing about it. but they sound killer!!, i also would prefer to import backing track in some kind of looper effect in the quad cortex.

2 Likes

Uhm, thatā€™s not what I meant. You would import in the QC looper the rendered drums, so just any wave (or other audio format) file.

Now I understand. Yes that would be cool. Would like the developers to put enough memory in the device so that it is possible to download audio files and play them. Then it would be possible to go much further than the drums and load the whole backing tracks, completely abandoning the use of the computer when performances. It is a pity that the developers did not think of a USB host port for this task, so that we can use flash drives.
P.S. In fact, I believe that both of these features should be present in the device - audiofile player and the described drum machine. Although it does not have such sound as cool VSTi, it allows you to quickly create simple rhythms for trainings or jam, makes it easy to change the tempo, and 2-3 libraries and midi files take up very little space

3 Likes

i want to add an amp on my wish list, its the Tone King imperium,
Jamie harrison gets killer tones with his.

1 Like

what!!! no bogner shiva channel 2. I need. please

Totally agree ! especially Markbass and Aguilar amps. + Cabs like Barefaced

How about a ā€œside-kickā€ function? Originally implemented by Exef mastermind Jochen Kƶckler (RIP) for his MIDI-controllers. And what does it do? It temporarily activates something while a footswitch is pressed and held. When the switch is relased, the device autimatically switches back to its preious state.

It is hand to use this for boosting quick solo licks or triggering a harmoniser for a part of a solo etc.

In order to suit all kinds of possible uses, it should preferably, be able to send a temporary(!) preset change/program change/scene change and/or at least a CC-command on/off, i.e. ā€œonā€ while holding and ā€œoffā€ while releasedā€¦

Stay healthy!
">V<

6 Likes

More fuzz options please. Superfuzz to bring the nasty, tonebenders 1, 2 & 3 would be great too.

2 Likes

Api 2500 would be amazing

Much has been said about the footswitches, Iā€™ll add my five cents. Among other things, should give them the function of sending MIDI commands, turning the QC itself into a MIDI-controller. For example, this will allow guitarists to start and stop recording in DAW without taking their hands off the guitar. In the case of desktop use, QC can be a pretty good controller - in addition to buttons and rotary encoders, it has a touch screen on which can display sliders, XY-panel or something like ableton push.

3 Likes

Please implement support for the OSC protocol in the QC someday. For many years, musicians have been using MIDI to control equipment, but it is outdated and has flaws. For example, I use the TouchOSC program in order to have the most needed parameters of the guitar processor on the phone, which I put next to me or I can even attach it to the guitar strap or the guitar itself. This is how it looks:

However, MIDI is used to send messages, and it does not support feedback from the processor, therefore, if a new preset is downloaded, the encoders do not update their position, or if the encoders are rotated on the processor, also do not display changes on the phone. Constant desynchronization practically negates the usefulness and coolness of this venture.
Of course, QC offers an application for the phone, but it is not known yet whether there will be a version for android, but most importantly, the OSC allows to create your own panels of any size and configuration, just with what a specific user needs. For example, on my panel, I can turn on one of the eight favorite presets (these are colored nameless squares), snapshots (S1-S4 squares), include some necessary effects, adjust some amplifier parameters, start the tuner and start/stop playback in DAW.

7 Likes

After looking through the FX list:

• Zendrive
  • Multiband Compressor
  • Doubler
  • Modulation options on delays
  • Through-zero flanger
  • Barber pole flanger
  • Square / Triangle / Sine wave options for Tremolo
  • Shelf EQ
  • Tilt EQ
  • Very short (as little as 5-10ms) ramp time on Slow Gear / Swell block. I use that function on the Atomic Amplifire to do interesting things with pick transients.

As for amps,

• Some sort of Dumble-style amp. I loved my Two Rock Emerald! Fuchs does nice stuff too.
  • Diezel Einstein
  • Trainwreck
  • PRS Archon
9 Likes
  • If this has not been done yet and it is not at the hardware level, do everything possible so that there is no shot in the speakers when turning on / off the device. I had the worst Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd sound card in my practice, during the computer start-up she lost power several times and gave out a whole artillery volley. I even sold it just because of this, and bought another. A couple of days ago I sold my Helix (he does not shoot, already saving up for QC :slight_smile: ) and bought a POD X3 Bean and itā€™s just awful, it shoot not only when it is turned on but also when it is turned off, I have to go to the monitors every time and turn them off.
2 Likes

Horizon Devices collab! Love the precision drive!

1 Like

Damn my pog clone died yesterday, i wish for at ehx pog2 effect pedal capture of it

1 Like

I just Got my TC Plethora X5 yesterday and although IĀ“ve ben a die hard TC user for decades, it is actually my first TonePrint product. Anyway, it opened my eyes to one particular feature which I want to present as a feature request for the QC: ā€œMASHā€ i.e. pressure sensitive footswitches with expression function. Holy cow that is cool. I canā€™t believe it took me so long to discover. I realize that the hardware specs are difficult to change so late in the process and there might be patent/licensing issues to clarify, but MASH would definitely add significant value to the QC.
Best regards

V<

Oh, and could we have Thunderbolt 3 or at least USB-C instead of or in addition to USB-B?
ā€œ>V<

5 Likes

I second this! none of the other companies are offering just power-amp+cab blocks for use with preamps.

Iā€™d also like to see a Budda Superdrive and maybe some other Orange amps like the Thunderverb or Dual Dark.

Needless to say, I am getting the Quad Cortex either way. I was completely sold after using the Archetype: Plini.

2 Likes