Quad Cortex Wish List

A poly capo. If not right away, hopefully soon after launch. There goes my Variax…

Pitch shift block will support poly at launch

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the reply!

I would love to see those things:

1-The possibility to set the wah block for auto-engage pedals

2-A bogner goldfinger 45 or shiva capture

3-Fortin grind or Precision drive Block

3 Likes

I would absolutely love to have a good ring modulator incorporated in the QC. An emulation of the Randy’s Revenge ring modulator by Fairfield Circuitry would be great. There are a few imitations of the Moogerfooger, but no one has emulated the Randy’s Revenge as far as I know, which I get the feeling would turn out better as a digital rendition anyway. It has an incredible tremolo, the low pass filter is very handy and you can get some great crunchy tones out of it too in addition to some of the more typical ring modulation tones.

2 Likes

Just two Fender amps right now? what about Bassman, Princeton Reverb, Vibrochamp - the blacker the face the better. Thank you!

2 Likes

Bad Cat is a must, and a Carol Ann (Tucana). If you have either of these please drop me a line after you’ve done a capture. I’d love to hear them through the Quad.

2 Likes

If you look at the factory capture list, they do indeed have a princeton 65.

First on the List:

1.) A Quad Cortex.

1 Like

I was hoping for the money I would get the stuff you originally said it was going to include. Then watch it get chopped and edited. Please address.

Feb 2020: Quad Cortex Virtual Device List
Nov 2020: Quad Cortex Factory Capture List
Dec 2020: Quad Cortex Virtual Device List (December 2020)

Curious to why these have disappeared and now Archetypes for $120 per pack show up.

1 Like

The December list is just what was functional at the time and the archetypes are how neural started. They were around before the QC was ever announced and will continue after it’s release. They’re a separate product. You’re not required to buy archetypes for the QC to function. The neural team has said that they will be constantly updating the device list on the QC for free indefinitely. Just because something isn’t on the list of functional models/effects now doesn’t mean it won’t be soon. And as far as I understand it they still intend to include everything on the original list, it just won’t all be ready when the QC is released.

1 Like

On the plus side, after it’s released, you’ll get more stuff for free. Does that help?

As some already has pointed out in various threads, it’s better that NDSP focus on getting a good and stable but basic HW and 1.0 FW out ASAP instead of postponing the release further for more bells and whistles.

2 Likes

Having been involved in product development, I’d rather see QC release a stable platform with less features. Then get the features out slowly. The QC is a massive undertaking. Not only is it a new OS/platform, but new hardware, wireless, cloud sharing, etc… Ask for too much and we never get anything in our hands.

5 Likes

Komet 60
Trainwreck Liverpool
Two Rock Bloomfield Drive
Fryette Aether
Swart Atomic Space Tone
Fender Tweed Bassman
Harmonic Tremolo

1 Like

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but I would love to see a simple recorder for capturing quick riff ideas and uploading them to mobile.

3 Likes

Fender Bassman
Fender Blues Deluxe

I second the idea on a multi-band compressor, also for the Sneap trick.

Would like to see 4 expression pedal inputs rather than 2, but that’s a significant hardware change that renders previous models obsolete. A workable alternative solution is auto-engage. This is the one feature preventing me from eBaying my AxeFx and moving to the DSP platform.

Autoengage is in the pipeline on high priority.
I don’t know, if I have missunderstood it, but there may be an option for assign switches to expression pedals with integrated switches without using the physical switches. I guess it is such a thing like virtual switches throwing a command, when the pedal is going the extra way to press the switch. I hope so. That would mean, you have two expression pedals AND two latching/momentary switches with one connection (cable) for each. We will see.