Quad Cortex shipping delay?

Today on TGP, Doug used the phrase “a few weeks” to describe the ETA.

in my mind “a few” means 3 or more… so mid March is more like “several”… regardless: it’s all speculation.

fyi: Thomann told me today that they currently expect their first units mid-march.

I can confirm that - for my order the delivery estimate changed back to “4-5 weeks” :roll_eyes:

Same here with my Thomann order :roll_eyes: l’m not taking the release dates for granted any longer and reckon this will be a longer wait than advertised and changed now for the umpteenth time.

I wouldn‘t mind if they just stated „You will get it, when we have it …“ on their shop/customer site.

I ordered mine from Pro Music Tools in late 2020 (before the price dropped on Thomann :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) and that’s exactly what they’ve been telling me. In any case if Doug suggested they’d be shipped in a few weeks just a couple of days ago I doubt it would go beyond that. I’d be very surprised and disappointed if the first batch after pre-orders still hadn’t shipped in 5 weeks.

This is in line with what I was told last week, by SW.

Suggestion to NDSP: since you need to communicate delays to retailers, you might as well post them in the forums. Would save the community a lot of speculation!

2 Likes

Thomann just informed me that the expected delivery date to their storage facility is 12/03/2021. But then again it could be further delayed later on.

Received via mail from neural DSP

Dear customers,

I write to you now with our current expectations regarding final development and shipping. This is where we expect to be if we continue at our current rate of progress. It is also the information that has been communicated with dealers so they have expectations regarding when they can ship their orders.

We hope to begin taking payments for pre-orders in mid March 2021 for shipment by the end of March 2021. Shortly after, we also expect to ship stock to dealers for them to fulfil to their customers starting at the end of March 2021.

As promised, customers who pre-ordered directly from us have the opportunity to pay for and receive their Quad Cortex first. However, as we are significantly delayed, the time between tier 1, tier 2, and dealer pre-order fulfilment could be significantly less than we originally intended. We will notify all direct pre-order customers in advance, starting with tier 1, with information regarding when we expect to take payment to ensure order fulfilment is as quick as possible.

As we test and resolve the few outstanding things on Quad Cortex, these dates are still subject to change. We are doing everything we can to ensure that won’t happen.

We will keep our Quad Cortex FAQs page updated with our current expected shipping date, and we’ll send a weekly email to keep you up to date with our progress, even if there’s nothing new to report.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to email our support team at support@neuraldsp.com

Thank you for sticking with us.

Kind regards,

Doug Castro - CEO

3 Likes

Finally!
Sounds like a good plan, though. And, it’s my birthday today – hanx!

:clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Heeeeey we have a light at the end of the tunel

Happy birthday Hanx,
It’s my birthday too

:clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Did all Tier 1 & 2 get the email, or did Doug’s email just get posted to the Forum?

I’m tier 1 and I got it :+1:

1 Like

Tier 2 was included in the email.

Looks like I have a block on receipt.
Thanks for the heads up.
Harle

so I’m thinking that Sweetwater will get their pre-orders shipped out and have stock on the shelves around the 1st or 2nd week of April. my intent all along is to see that first initial flurry of postings from those of you that are in Tier 1 & 2 and the SW pre-orders, so I can hear what the every day non-beta tester guitarist has to say.

2 Likes

Really hoping that the case will be among our pre-order perks :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That’s a big 'ol oof.

2 Likes