Quad Cortex power button won't work

Hello,

So i received my quad cortex a week ago. Started playing with it a gew days ago and it sounds great. But i noticed one day when I tried to use it again, the button wouldn’t work. I never done any unplugging and it was able to turn off the night before and all the sudden i can’t turn it on. I unplugged the power supply that plugs into the wall the quad cortex is able to turn on. But when i try to turn the device off or to restart, the button isn’t working. Then when i try going to settings to restart, it doesn’t restart. I got this device new from Sweetwater and it came here fine. This statted to happen after the recent update. What do i do? I worry that when a new update comes, that my device wouldn’t be able to restart or update properly.

If a factory reset and restore from backup doesn’t resolve, it could be faulty. I would simply RMA with Sweetwater and have them send you another QC.

You might be aware of this already, but make sure you are pressing and holding the power button to activate it. It will not activate with too short a touch.

Also, you can go to ‘Settings’ → ‘Device Options’ → ‘Power Button Sensitivity’ and change it to “High” and see if that helps.

1 Like