Quad Cortex owners - we're giving away €5m of free plugins!

18 Likes

So nothing for the people that have stuck with it since the beginning then? Or will be announced by email to the devoted?

3 Likes

That’s exactly the opposite of what the announcement states.

6 Likes

Thank you NDSP! Is there any info about the next compatible plugins?

2 Likes

The gripe is that they gave away a plugin to new owners, who now also get another one.

The actual cost of giving a plugin to old QC users must be tiny. Other than a little data transfer, the main thing I can think of is customer support.

Offer old users a 2nd plugin, with the explicit provision that it comes with no customer support. Got a problem and need NDSP help? Buy the plugin.

3 Likes

So is this the “special gift” long time supporters were supposed to get, or is this just a general promo to “celebrate” the release of PCOM?

Quoting the “Get a free plugin…” post here:

If you purchased your Quad Cortex before August 1st, 2023, unfortunately, you won’t be able to take advantage of this promotion. However, we’ve got some good news for you – we’ve got a special gift waiting for you when we roll out Plugin Compatibility on the Quad Cortex. Stay tuned!

EDIT:
No hate, rant or anything, just generally curious.

5 Likes

Why can’t it be both?

2 Likes

Heck yeah! That’s a nice, non-shitty surprise.

:fist_right::fist_left: Thanks, NDSP!

1 Like

It can be both for sure, but the way they worded it in the quoted post , it read like it was a gift exclusive to the “early adopters”, that bought the QC before August 2023, thats why I’m asking.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining about getting a free plugin, nor any one else getting a free plugin, but damn it sure would sting, if the “special gift” for the “early adopters” is “just” one free plugin while all the people that bought after August 2023 get a second free plugin.

Hope you get what I’m trying to say…

5 Likes

That’s it, that’s the special gift haha. It’s a free plugin for all QC owners. You’re reading into some post from months ago and turning it into early adopters are getting something else for free. Down with the free plugin for everyone, and not expecting anything else from them which is absolutely fine. Just glad it wasn’t a discount code.

NDSP ran a promo to boost sales, with most companies the look back period is 30 days . People are disgruntled because they didn’t wait over a year(s) to buy a QC on the chance there might be a future promo? NDSP made good on it by giving everyone a free plugin and people are pissed they didn’t get 2 plugins. Entitled much?

1 Like

I was expecting to be offered either Plini X or Gojira X. I’m really glad they are allowing us to pick from all of them. I’ve got my eye on Rabea. I want that synth!!

Awesome!! Thank you NDSP!!

I’m very excited for CorOS 3.0! My original plan is to wait a bit before I install it. Looks like I may have a hard time restraining myself now :rofl:. Oh well, time to do some shopping!

1 Like

But so far only plini X and gojira X are working on the quad cortex, right?
Since we may choose out of all the plugins, would they then run on the computer only?

Any indications about if of when the other plugins would be working on the quad cortex?

Aaaand what is everyone getting/recommending? :blush:

It’s all laid out pretty clearly in the NDSP posts, but Plini and Gojira first. Fortin Nameless and Soldano SLO-100 are next.

Honestly will get Gojira since it seems cool, and probably the Soldano one when it’s out. The feature I can’t wait to use is Transpose since I can ditch my HX Stomp which I use for Poly Capo live.

If you get a plugin that isn’t available for QC yet, you can use it with your computer until they update it for the QC.

2 Likes

I am not disgruntled by NDSP giving everyone a free plugin, that’s their right as a company.

What does however leaves me a bit speechless as of now, is the fact, that their previous communication was very ambiguous and I’ll just quote it again here:

If you purchased your Quad Cortex before August 1st, 2023, unfortunately, you won’t be able to take advantage of this promotion. However, we’ve got some good news for you – we’ve got a special gift waiting for you when we roll out Plugin Compatibility on the Quad Cortex.

The way this is worded makes it seem, as if everyone who bought before Aug 2023 would get an “exclusive gift”, that those who bought after would not get.

4 Likes

Just let it go. Get your free plug-in, enjoy CorOS 3.0.0 and PCOM, and play your guitar. This is a time for celebration, not nitpicking.

9 Likes

Nope, won’t let it go until NDSP confirm/deny that this is the special gift, because as of now it still is unclear to me (and many others) who have supported the QC from the “very early days” and stuck with it through all the highs and lows.

But hey, wouldn’t be the first time NDSP don’t stick to what they are saying, so at least they are consistent in that regard…

2 Likes

They’ve already answered the question about the free gift. Everyone who has supported the QC from the early days is getting it. They delivered on their promise to us all. NDSP have already stated how they’re handling the situation when it comes to those who took advantage of the promo last year:

Seriously, just let it go.

5 Likes

There are at least 2000 users from 1st and 2nd tiers and then lots of users before August 2023 including me.

1 Like