Quad Cortex Development Update #45 & Plugin Development Update

Our development teams are continuing to progress plugin compatibility. We have no major updates to discuss since our last development update, but we’re also happy to report we have suffered no major setbacks either. We are still on track to release plugin compatibility in Q2 this year.

‘X’-updating our plugins is also progressing well. We’re happy to report that the next two plugins to receive the ‘X’ updates will be the Fortin Nameless Suite and the Soldano SLO-100. These updates will include the Global Features such as the Transpose, Metronome, and Doubler, and they’ll be released in the coming months.

CorOS 2.3.0 and Cortex Control 1.0.0 are both very stable. We recommend trying them both if you haven’t already!

Neural DSP

11 Likes

Wake me when this thing finally gets real Midi functionality :sleeping: :sleeping:

7 Likes

Thank you @dan for the update. That mostly confirms my idea that the next update will be the plugin compatibility in QC.

Speaking for me and other users - we really appreciate your work. But “pretty please” we need some nice stuff added, like switching “free” assignment (a la Helix Command Center), more action on switches (hold…) and please a really nice noise suppressor like the ISP Decimator G- String (maintains attack, sustain, tone but eliminates any hiss). I like the QC input gate but, as you roll back the guitar volume, it starts to “stutter” and cuts sound…

Many thanks for listening!

8 Likes

Thanks but would be a plus of you also release some news on the QC, this make me think that dev team on QC Is in vacations while every other person Is working on X-.
Thank you

3 Likes

There’s your update.

1 Like

Are there any plans to fix the tap tempo warble on the tape delays? I prefer those to the digital delays, but can’t use them in a live setting as it is very distracting. This is my only complaint with the QC.

1 Like

This Is not and update for me, i use QC as pedalboard, im not intrested to plugins. Of course ndsp Is focusing on the plugins, but dont forget that there are many ppl waiting for fixes in your 1700€ hardware.

7 Likes

Plug-in compatibility is the number one thing that QC users are begging to be finished (and that the QC team has prioritized), and it’s finally around the corner.

Making a statement like “We need a QC update!”, and then deciding that the update they provided doesn’t fit your particular use case… That’s on you, bud.

I’m out of this thread now.

3 Likes

I said “we” becouse im One of 200 ppl Who voted for a particolar feature, and more other features that 100+ persons also voted.
I disagree what you said about plugin compatibility, becouse this feature dont have impact on usability itself of the pedalboard, its Just a completely different branch of use of your products.
Im waiting for hardware improvement i bought your hardware not your plug in, and yes, i spent a lot of money, and i have rights to tell NDSP that they can improve every plugin they have, but without hardware improvement/fixes for me its an entire department in vacations.
Your out of thread?
Ok.

6 Likes

And by the way, i never said “we Need and update”

I have to disagree with pretty much everything you just said.

How would you know PCOM is the number on thing that people want? For sure it is something that NDSP has to deliver on as they promised. But it’s not an update in the sense of a feature request.

He also didn’t say that “we need a QC update!”, so the comment “That’s on you bud” was completely uncalled for.

7 Likes

Thanks for updating the SLO! Underrated, but still my favorite :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the update Dan! Looking forward to PCOM and new features/functionality!

2 Likes

He didn’t write anything about feature/function updates apart from PCOM… I don’t get why some people in here praise everything they do without looking at it critically. Ok, you’re a moderator and you have to, so to speak, but everyone else? Meh… I am disappointed. And I think I will be further disappointed several times, if neural holds tight to it’s current “PCOM over all” strategy. Come on there are feature requests with several hundred votes that are several years old, and other features that were only half-heartedly implemented (just look at the inconsistent GUI of the hybrid mode, or at the quirky hybrid mode itself) and nothing happens regarding those. Manage / schedule your time better neural… It is not that difficult to work on several software projects at the same time. Picking the low hanging fruits in parallel to bigger projects is the best way to give the impression that things are progressing steadily. In contrast just working on huge project xy exclusively is not.

8 Likes

I am not defending NDSP and have voiced my frustration multiple times. But as of right now, I think there is no other way than focusing on PCOM because it was promised. They finally delivered on the desktop editor and with PCOM the QC would be what everyone was expecting it to be, although way too late.
I guess and surely hope that PCOM will lead to the next big build, namely CorOS 3.0.0, which will then receive further updates from the feature requests.
Let’s see what happens in Q2 and Q3 this year.

1 Like

I think we’re just the other side of the coin. Some are critical no matter what NDSP posts, others try to remain positive. Different users have different needs, too.

We know their patterns. They’ve even admitted their weaknesses. It’s all well documented and discussed. Why expect a major deviation in pace or communication? It’s reasonable to predict a continued gradual improvement over time as history has already established.

These plugins are cool and a nice to have for some (I have ZERO use for them and i’m sure many others don’t either), but I really hope they are focusing on other development also. There are many other things that need to be updated and improved.

2 Likes

@DavidRSTV I read the second half of his post a little differently than you. I think it was an alternate way of expressing at least some of the comments in your post, which, is to say, let’s keep features other than PCOM rolling as well. A sentiment which I heartily agree with! There are more similarities between what you both posted than might immediately meet the eye.

I also would have preferred that they communicated at least some reassurance that other development initiatives were in the works as well. Even if there were no specifics.

Additionally, this language from the Development Update is a bit nebulous: “These updates will include the Global Features such as the Transpose, Metronome, and Doubler, and they’ll be released in the coming months.”. Does this mean these will only be available if you purchase the plugin containing them, or will they be available to everyone. If they will be part of a standard firmware update, then they have given us a glimpse of things to come other than PCOM.

2 Likes

Everyone is looking for new features and or functionality. Be glad it’s coming to a great piece of of future proof gear otherwise why are you here in this forum?

I am here, on my own time helping QC owners to get the best value for our investment. If that doesn’t fit yours and or anyone’s agenda, then by all means please find what you specifically need elsewhere.

Out of the box, the QC checks off things that other modelers can only hope to achieve. I want the best that it can be, do you?

If you do, (not you specifically @DavidRSTV ) then believe that NDSP is on the same page of taking the best gear that is future proofed to the next level.

3 Likes

It’s an old saying, but never buy tech on promised features in the future. I want new features, too and I‘m looking forward to PCOM. There is room for improvement, but it was made over the last 2 years I have the QC. Don‘t get me wrong, it can be frustrating waiting or hoping for features, but the QC sounds and plays great. Not every company is a open as Neural and often there is a new piece of hardware released, that locks new features.
I hope the QC goes the kemper rout and stays for a long period and evolves.
For me the QC does most of what I need and it feels and plays great.
Progress is made and while it may be slow, enjoy what is there. I think the feature request vote on the forum is a great idea, so I just hope the stick with it.
Everyone can voice their concerns, but sometimes it get‘s too extreme for my taste.

2 Likes