Quad Cortex for Live Gigging number 1

Quad cortex live gig 1

Ok, 841 checking in. First of all, I already love this Cortex.

Here’s a quick video on the screen modes… very applicable if you’ll be using it live. I’m in a covers band… loads of presets (nearly one per song) and heavy use of scene’s.

My summary for this is:

• when I’m in Preset Mode on the screen (think Bank mode showing all presets in a bank) and I scroll up and down with the buttons, I’d like it to stay in that same view; “Bank of presets mode”, and then just pick one with one tap… and not have it switch to rig view.

When I’m in Scene Mode, which I would for Live gigs:

• if I scroll up/down, I’d like the option to have it go to preset mode (bank of presets) as soon as I start scrolling.
  • when I select a preset, I’d like it to go back to Scene mode
  • same would be true if you like Stomp Mode.

Notes:

• would be helpful if you could twist the bank up/bank down knobs to scroll through presets and banks when working from a desk top.

definitely +1 on the Preset mode request - current setup is a major annoyance and very much counter-intuitive!

Not so sure about the Scene Mode request - maybe have that as an option, but not as the default way. It could be confusing in the heat of the battle: am I looking at scenes or at presets?

Thanx for the request!

massive +1 on showing the gig view layout of presets when scrolling through banks. It’s currently incredibly difficult to remember what is where when you have to quickly bank up presets and you lose the gig view.

1 Like

100% behind this idea - covers band here too and will be using the QC in the same manner as the OP, per-song presets with scenes for any changes. To be able to quickly cycle through banks of presets will be a huge help as otherwise you either have to remember what bank/preset number a song’s preset is located, or you’re endlessly cycling up/down presets one by one.

@ToH2002 - I think the UI difference between Preset Gig View (block colours) and Scene Gig View (block outlines) should be sufficient to easily tell which mode you’re in, even in the middle of a gig.

3 Likes

I just received my unit and the way to bank through preset, scene and stomp gig view feels really lacking to me too!

In preset mode (gig view): you can switch banks of 8 ok, but you have to trial and error your way to the preset you want
In scene/stomp mode (gig view): you have to tap trough every single preset one by one (lots of taps required)

It would be MUCH better, as Bert suggested, to when banking up or down a preset overview is shown whereby you can see 8 presets at a time. You select a preset and go back to the gig view mode you came from…

This would make switching presets much more convenient and reduce the amount of taps you have to do to navigate to a particular preset drastically!

Upvote!

2 Likes

This is a great idea. I see no reason for the grid to take up screen real estate during a gig.

1 Like

I could swear I saw a similar/same request just the other day but I can’t find it now. I know this has been requested in another thread.

Yes, I agree about the gig view when changing banks. I’m not sure why it was done this way. I know this request has been posted before. Perhaps the forum Grand Organizer, Diffraction Circuit will give us a link. What say ye, D.C.?

1 Like

Here’s the request for gig view behavior change.