Don't Exit Gig View in Preset Mode

When in preset mode and in gig view, it shows you 8 different presets.
When pressing bank up or down, it automatically switches from the gig view to the grid.
That makes no sense at all, as you can now only see 1 preset at a time instead of all 8 within that bank, like you could if gig view was still active.
Furthermore, when going through the different presets without selecting one yet, the grid is not even displayed correctly. The name of each preset is correct, but the grid and blocks within it are not.

Not sure wether this is a bug or the way it works right now. So I am not sure if this topic should be a bug report or a feature request. Either way, it’s weird and should be changed.

I was about to post on this, as this is the sort of flawed ergonomics that for me really detracts from the QC user experience, but I see you have posted already, so I’m replying here to raise awareness of this issue.

I agree it is nonsensical for the Gig View window to close when in Preset Mode and changing Banks, and we can’t be the only people bothered by this?

If anyone else agrees please vote and I will raise it as a feature request

Also relevant to this, leaving gigview doesn’t even provide you with any decent information. The grid view doesn’t even show you the grid for the preset you might be going to! It shows you the grid for the preset you’re on and only changes the name at the top of the screen, so it looks like you’re seeing that other preset because of the name, but the grid doesn’t reflect what that preset looks like!

So yeah, just stay in gigview so you can see the names of the other presets in the new bank. The first few times I started using Preset mode was very unintuitive as a result of this method.

2 Likes

Yes; if/when I move away from the Neural universe, I don’t think it will be because I find something that sounds better, but will be because of the continued lack of addressing some of the major UI issues of the Quad Cortex, that sadly detract from the experience of using what could be the best modeller in the market; there are aspects of the Helix that are better to work with and more intuitive, and that is now a 10 year old design.

Yepp, I would also like to switch the presets by keeping the scene-mode. That would be very useful.

Would have made far more sense to create this as a bug than as a feature request. It would be much more likely to be addressed that way.

1 Like