QC User Manual is not updated

CorOS Version: 2.3.0

Describe your issue:
The manual download page still gives us QC User Manual 2.1.0 but CorOS is already on 2.3.0

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Visit downloads page: Downloads - Neural DSP
  2. Download QC Manual, will download version 2.1.0

I expected this to happen:
download user manual version 2.3.0

I have tried the following things:

2 Likes

Making changes to a manual is an expensive process, even in PDF. I don’t think we’ll see a new one until there are more substantial feature changes on the QC, probably when OS v3.0 comes out. This is how most manufacturers do it.

2 Likes

Especially when you are translating it into multiple languages although I assume AI will address that shortly if it hasn’t already. Great to have an updated manual or Wiki but I prefer them focusing on development, and updating the manuals, as you mentioned, after major updates. In the interim, I refer to the monthly updates/release notes when necessary.

Total agreement here, H.O. There haven’t been any changes that I needed special instruction for since the last manual. We’ll probably need a new manual once they add that “sucky playing filter” block. :grimacing:

I dunno. As I understood it, the 2.3.0 update was supposed to change the way the tuner was accessed. And yet it doesn’t appear to have changed. My guess is that the new option is via a setting somewhere. I guess I’ll poke around.

It’d be nice to have at least a manual addendum explaining changes and new features each time rather than just a cursory mention in the release notes. Most bits are probably fine without further explanation. So maybe the simplest, least-expensive approach would be to flesh out the release notes a bit so things like this don’t have us (me) scratching our (my) head(s).

the update added the option to change how the tuner is accessed, you have to manually select it if you want the new function.
It’s probably under Device Options but my QC is packed up and I don’t remember for sure.
(and I can’t check the manual!!)

2 Likes

I agree with this bug report. The manual should always be up to date to prevent any unnecessary confusion. This doesn’t mean the whole manual has to be revised everytime though. For smaller updates it would be enough to just pin the new/changed stuff right to the top.

It is under Settings → ‘Device Options’ → ‘Swap Tempo and Tuner Access’.

There is not yet an option to have the tuner come on automatically when the expression pedal is heel-down.

From the release notes:
Swap Tempo and Tuner Access Enable to access the Tempo settings by holding the bottom-right footswitch and access the Tuner by double‒tapping the bottom-right footswitch.

Packed up for a gig or packed up for sale?

from a gig- I’ll never sell! If anything, I’ll buy a second one for each studio

1 Like

Swap Tempo and Tuner Access Enable to access…

Right. I now see how it was meant to be understood. Was not clear to me that it was an option to be found and set (if desired).

Thanks for the info.

I escalated to support and happy to note that the QC manual has been updated to 2.3.0 and now available for download:

5 Likes