QC Editor USB connection issue

Hopefully not, although if the QC is still seeing USB as connected (see above image) it’s probably still working.

I submitted a new bug report: when I am in scene mode with one of my presets loaded, if I change scene using the footswitches of the QC, the Cortex Control interface does not follow. It stays frozen on the scene on which the preset was loaded.
Not sure if it does the same on other machines than Mac M2 Pro…maybe it is just a USB communication problem.

And I just checked that when just using the QC as a USB audio interface, there are cuts in the audio that were not happening before, so I think that definitely CorOS 2.2.0 “broke” something in the way MacOS communicates with the QC

1 Like

I have a slightly different issue in that ive updated the QC OK and downloaded the cortex control onto my windows laptop OK but i am getting a different screen to those ive seen on YouTube, i.e. no option at the top of the screen to change between Grid & Directory or the QC lightning icon top left, or the blue button to submit feedback/bug, so it looks as though im not seeing the top of the screen but dont know what to do to move the screen down, any ideas please?

Same issue with iMac and Ventura. Removed app, restarted, reload app, tried multiple cables, same result.

Device not showing in Midi setting although USB debug has similar info as shown here.

Small update: tried a brand new USB B > USB C cable so avoiding a hub and connecting direct from QC > Macbook. Same problem no fix.
QC still sees it as ‘Connected’ on the diagnostic screen though.

Pretty sure this is a CorOS update bug now. Will have to wait for a point update fix.

2 Likes

You can’t use USB 3.0 for connecting the QC to your computer because the QC only has the USB 2.0 Type B socket (Google USB type b 2.0 vs 3.0). Your computer may be have an USB 3.0 socket but the standard/version used for data transfer will be 2.0.

just to note; self-powered hubs work fine (in my case, anyway)
I’m using one that has its own power adapter, it doesn’t take power from the computer. My QC is connected to it and Cortex Control is working fine.
I wouldn’t be surprised if USB-powered hubs don’t cooperate though, just don’t have one to test right now.

Hope everyone gets their issues resolved

2 Likes

I’m using an old (Mid-2010) running Mohave Mac Pro 5,1. I was devastated when I read the minimum Mac OS was 11. But so far everything is working perfectly. I would have thought a system below the minimum spec would have issues and the newer Macs would not have as many issues.

I am stoked to have this working. I hope the rest of you that are having issues get them sorted quickly! Thanx to NDSP for getting this done. It is already making a huge impact on my workflow!

1 Like

I might try changing the resolution on my monitor temporarily (using the graphics card’s utility or Windows settings) until they get the scaling working properly in Cortex Control. Maybe at least you will be able to move the Cortex Control window down and perhaps even switch back to your normal resolution afterwards, if the window position is sticky.

Same USB issue here on Mac Mini M1 and MacBook Air M1, both running OS X Sonoma. QC isn’t recognized as audio interface and Cortex Control doesn’t connect.
However, it worked for a few hours before. I played around with the desktop editor and did some captures. But suddenly no chance connecting via USB anymore.

2 Likes

pretty sure this is a mac issue and not a corOs usb issue, everyone in this thread is mac. try an always reliable pc instead :smiley:

I don’t think it is related to MacOS, my QC worked ok with Sonoma before I did the CorOS 2.2.0 update.
Today, I needed to track some guitars for new songs for my band, and QC was unusable due to the intermittent cuts that happen when using it as a USB interface with my Mac.
I had to plug my guitar into my Scarlett 2i2 and use a plugin to record my guitar tracks.
I hope NDSP fixes this ASAP.

2 Likes

I have the MacBook Air M1 on the latest software and no issues. I am even using a usb hub. So it seems to be a specific problem, not a general one with Apple.

My 27" 2015 iMac running Monterey 12.7 worked with it 2nd time; it froze at first as some have complained about, so I unplugged the USB from the back of the QC, plugged it back in, and it’s been working fine since. Pretty slick, actually! Hope it stays that way. This will be fun…

OK, well I took some time away, came back, and frozen again. Unplugged and plugged the usb cord back in, it works fine again. Definitely seems like a bug…

If at all possible, please use the support button within the editor and or email support@neuraldsp.com so they can log the issue and hopefully provide resolution.

@MP_Mod Logged with Support and ongoing conversation, but no solution so far.

1 Like

Done since the first crash.

1 Like

Signed up for this forum just to say that I have been having the exact same issue. Prior to the latest update, my QC was working fine with my Mac via USB and the Cortex Control app was fine.

Since updating to 2.2.2, it now does not connect to my Mac full stop - tried different cables, resetting, turning on and off again etc and it does not want to cooperate. Really frustrating but kinda comforting to see that it’s not just me who is finding these errors, so hope it gets fixed really soon.

2 Likes